Which addon's (aircraft?) do you always go back to?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

After reinstalling FS2004 from an HD crash, first thing I did was put back the UKD aircraft (the virtual airline I fly for). I've also got the Lago F16 which I LOVE to fly (though never found the GPS in it!).

I've tried a few aircraft, some are better than others, but which do you guys always go back to time & time again? Guess I'm just looking for what boils down to be the best aircraft!

D.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I really enjoy the Howard 500, as well as the ............uh......I think it is an ACA something something something. A little bitty thing that's fun to kick around in, and of course planes like the Cessna 182. I figure I should stick to planes that I could actually afford, well, that is if I could stop investing in this PC, quit smoking, drinking, and chasing women 😕 .
Oh my God, forget it, I guess I'll be simmin for some time. 😉
🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

About a month or more since I installed a new h/d and the first aircraft that I loaded were old friends.
DC-3, Super Decathlon, and the little Aeronca

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Well I keep changing like the weather but there are three that I use most
1/ iFDG Airbus...anyone
2/ I quite like the Twin Otter in our d/load section
3/ No laughing out loud now Nope Secret the Piper Cub
Embarassed
Well you asked Ha Ha

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

😀 I change around a bit too,but I allways go back to the oldies,Boeing 707 + 727,also DC6 + 7,and not to forget the DC8,I also fly the Convair CV990 a bit(super airplane). As far as turboprops,then my absolute favorite is the DHC Dash-7 Group Wave Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I'm partial to the 737 myself. I like the ATR 42 a lot, 315kts or better----sweet. The 182rg is the ga plane I use the most.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

While I am a die-hard Legendary 727 jock, the Howard 500 is simply a joy in which to bore a hole in the sky.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrenaa First Officer

I always go back to Project Open Sky because I am used to them. Occasionally I have been known to fly the default 737-400. Embarassed

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

From the FS9 default planes I always go for:-

- The 737 if I fancy something mid-haul....

- Triple 7 if I fancy Long-haul (far better handling when flying by hand than the 747)

- LearJet if I fancy something quick with nice 'Spot' views

- Mooney Bravo or King 350 if I fancy nice noisy Props

From my small collection of Add-ons, I just LOVE :-

- ATR 42 / 72

- BAe 146

Hey GPS kid, have you been to this site yet:- www.dreamwingsdesign.com? Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I absolutely love the Delta Virtual Airlines MD-90, 757-200, and i do occationally fly the 747. Now, a question for you guys...How many lf you that say you fly the big jets actually fly them according to procedure? I'm not picking on anyone, nor am i saying its bad to not. I go and calculate the amoutn of fuel needed. I start with how much its gonna take to get there, then i add at least a 60 minute reserve to it, as well as at elast 2,500 LB to taxi with. Thats just a part of the stuff i do. I just wondered, like do you "tinker around" with it, or do you fly it like a commercial airline pilot really would (or as best as you can with the sim)

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Fire_Emblem_Master
If you do a full check before flying,you may want to have a look here for check lists ➡

http://www.faatest.com/downloads/simchecklists/simchecklists.html

Blink It can be a bit slow to load sometimes but, give it a chance

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Thanks for the DREAMWINGS DESIGN site, Guest, looks great - I've been after a Fokker for a while.

Unfortunately I have no Web access at home (only at work) so can't download at the mo, but have saved the site in faves so I can download soon.

D'you know, I've had FS9 for about 6 weeks now and there are still default planes that I haven't flown - I guess I turned my nose up at them, the Wright Flyer had me bored in 2 minutes, etc, etc ....

But last night I flew one plane that I had previously ignored; The little yellow Piper Cub.... and what a hoot !! It can take-off in about 20 metres, has really good handling and because it DOESN'T have fast straight-line speed (80mph max I think), it's a GREAT plane to practice landings in..... You can forget about Navigation or A/P but this is a great plane to take off at a small airfleid in, and to just enjoy the art of manual flight...

Also really good if you have VFR Scenary add-ons and want to check out some good details, while flying slowly.

Also becomming a big fan of the Baron 58 ....... funny because everyone recommends the Cessna's for learning but I find the Baron 58 easier to handle and easier to land.

Well finished thinking out loud so there you go !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...