Addon Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
bunger Trainee

Something odd happened after I installed some add-on aircraft. First I installed the USS Nimitz to the list of aircraft and when I went back to use the ship was not there in the list of aircraft. Now I installed the P-3 Orion and it does not show up on the list of aircraft. The P-3, folder with all the right sub folders, are in the right directory, but they don’t show in the game.
They are not AI aircraft.
I also since installed other aircraft and they are fine.
Am I missing something, I can’t think of what.
Can some one suggest what might be the problem?
As usual your help is much appreciated.

Crying or Very sad Bunger

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
gorilla1 Guest

The same thing is happening to me. I've downloaded 2 planes and put them in the aircraft folder and they appear in the game but now I can't put anymore in. I need help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure they aren't textures only and are made for 2004.
Look under the manufactures name.
Follow these directions carefully.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/
If you still can't find them let us know exactly what they are and where to get them, a link to them would be perfect.
Someone of us will download and install it and tell you what and why.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bunger wrote:

Something odd happened after I installed some add-on aircraft. First I installed the USS Nimitz to the list of aircraft and when I went back to use the ship was not there in the list of aircraft.

I'm only concentrating on the Nimitz for now. The Nimitz is a carrier and should therefore not be installed into your aircraft folder, that's why it won't show up in your aircraft selection screen. The USS Nimitz has to go to the scenery of fs9. Idea

Pro Member Trainee
bunger Trainee

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still working on it.
The Nimitz is a working model that you can drive. Part of the AI Ships. I had it working before my HD crashed and I had to reinstall fs2004.
The P-3 installed itself, and it looked like all the files were in the right places. That one I can't figure out.

Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
bunger Trainee

Got the NImitz working. I had to go to "Ship Yards" to find it.

The P-3 I'm still have trouble finding it in the list of Aircraft.

Thanks 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bunger wrote:

Got the NImitz working. I had to go to "Ship Yards" to find it.

The P-3 I'm still have trouble finding it in the list of Aircraft.

Thanks 😞

Radarman wrote:

If you still can't find them let us know exactly what they are and where to get them, a link to them would be perfect.
Someone of us will download and install it and tell you what and why.

It's still the quickest way to solve a problem. Follow the advice already given to you Yes

There are too many P-3s available to guess which one you've downloaded Radar Umm...

Pro Member Trainee
bunger Trainee

😀 All is well now 😀

I re-downloaded the P-3 and re-installed it and it is working. Nice aircraft.

Thanks for all the help 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...