Can't find my FS9.cfg!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Trying to follow a certain procedure to edit my fs9.cfg for better performance, I went to the following directory on my computer:
C:\Documents and Settings\ASUS(my log in name)\Application Data\Microsoft and then I was meant to look for FS9 folder but I couldn't find it. I then performed a search and it wasn't there too. What's wrong? Can someone give me their uneditted FS9.cfg file?

PS: Could FS2004 Add-ons have removed this file?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Goto

Start, Search, type in FS9.CFG

That should do it.

If that comes up empty just start up FS9 and it will build a new one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

What do you mean, boost performace, Frame rate wise? I've been having some issues with mine since i installed some afcad files and would be interested in trying it too. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Liono I tried that before and it didn't work. For some reason it isn't creating that FS9.cfg file. Also in case it was hidden, I performed the search viewing all hidden files but no luck. mypilot apparently that FS9.cfg file improves the performance of the simulation as it loades all the data into a quicker manner and so i presume improves the frame rate. I'll give you the link later today as I forgot to bookmark the page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks, that would be much appreciated! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

OK, I did have an FS9.cfg but it was in the Spanish Directory called "Datos de Programa" instead of the English one "Application Data". It was there, found it! mypilot, I'm not sure if I can post the link here, don't know if it's allowed, but I'll just do it:
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=177&topic_id=676&mesg_id=676&page=

I haven't tried the steps but maybe it does work.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...