fs9.cfg missing?

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I downloaded the New York and New England LOD 10 terrain mesh by JHB Aerospace. The readme tells me to modify the "fs9.cfg" file. I can't find that file anywhere.
I'm supposed to look at "C:\Documents and Settings\ ... " and so forth but that location seems not to exist in Vista Ultimate 64.

Even a search for exactly "fs9.cfg" shows only reference to it in various readme files.

Suggestions?
Hopefully,
Pete

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think it's in
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you!
Going there now.

Pro Member First Officer

Well, thanks to your advice I found the "missing" file (I sure don't know why Search didn't find it), and I made the requested changes - after I had extracted the main scenery file into the FS9 folder .............
Then I restarted the computer.
But then, loading FS9, I did not see the expected "Compiling scenery files" (or whatever that wording is) and there is no evidence, once FS9 is up and running, that the new scenery mesh is there.
Was I not supposed to "extract"?
Is it there and I'm not seeing it?
I looked over a fair portion of upstate New York (known to me like the back of my hand) *and* southeastern, coastal Connecticut (where I now live). There was no apparent change from the original FS9 scenery.
Pete

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Could be that the video card isn't showing the fine details.
If you fly above 15,000 ft you should see it.
If you fly low, say 5,000 ft you should have problems rendering it.

See if they have a forum or some screenshots of it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Interesting. I guess I was expecting better.
But ... your explanation doesn't tell us why I saw no scenery file rebuild.
Thanks anyway,
Pete
PS: I have just about decided to go with one of the new ultimate scenery packages anyway.
...and, btw, I haven't had any time to work more with X-Plane. Just too darned busy with life.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you didn't see a rebuild message then it didn't load.
Check and see in scenery if the box with the name of you scenery is checked.

Whole packages with self install are always easier.
X-Plane will wait, do one at a time.

Good luck with it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...