Concorde Reheats

Jamie4590 Guest

Are all four reheats used during the take-off in Concorde?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Do you mean afterburners, or something different? I've never heard of reheats Dont Know

If you mean afterburners, then yes, I'm fairly sure they use all 4.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yes all afterburners are used and full throttle. after 1000feet or a very short amount of time they are switched off and throttle set down to 70% to reduce noise Wink

Jamie4590 Guest

Reheat and afterburner are both terms used to describe the process that occures to get the extra thrust. (squirting fuel into the engine)

Thats why I like the Concorde simulator so much. The noise! Its loud enough when I push to full throttle but adding those afterburners make it almost deafening when I'm thundering down the runway, especially when I use the outside views. During max cruise it really sounds like going faster than a bullet. Although I don't have to turn the afterburners off immediately after takeoff to comply with the noise abatement procedure I always do. I want to complete a Concorde flight thats spot on to the real thing right down to completing the take-off authorisation form with V speeds. As captain I might even sign it. lol

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Jamie4590 wrote:

Are all four reheats used during the take-off in Concorde?

Definatly USED-all 4

Check out these sites for further education on the Concorde and flight tecniques used!

http://www.concordesst.com/

Capt. Dennison

Jamie4590 Guest

Thanks for the links. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...