Raid Drives

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

Just a question, would a raid drive help boost the performance of FS2004?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My personal opinion is that i don't use or accept any kind of boosters in general.I know I'm a bit categorical to but as i said its only my opinion.

Maybe it would be better to check and disable some other useless programs running on background of your system , before you start use any kind of boost programs or drivers... 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Greekman72, thanks for your reply other than my vid card this machine runs tip top and runs fs2004 perfectly. Because im trying to tweak the performance up one more notch i was just inquiring the use of raid drives, my brother inlaw has one and its pretty fast i might buy one just to see if it makes any difference if not it will make a great secondary storage device.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry i misunderstand that you were talking about SATA drives.Embarassed
(My bad English strikes me again )
Obviously raid drives are faster than IDE ones but I'm curious to learn if there is difference in FS performance.
I'm sure that FS will load faster and with a combination of a good GFX you graphics will load faster too.But i don't know you will notice any improvement to graphics performance. 🙄

Let us know about the results you will notice.I'm sure they will be interesting. Sorry for the misunderstanding again... Embarassed

😉

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Greekman72, same here i should of specified it correctly SATA drives sorry. Im going to check it out and let you know, or if anyone else has an sata tell me your experiences. On the last note, Are You Ready For Some Football.. lol i am cant wait 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think Liono has SATA drives in his system.

What do you mean about football Blink Read Wall Bashing Wacko Umm...

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Greekman72, i dont know if you live in the US preseason football starts in 9 days. If im not flying im a football maniac 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And im from Greece my friend... 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Idea Idea

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Idea Idea

😂

🙂) ROFL

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...