B757: EICAS and ECAM????

what is the purpose of ECAM? I would also like to know the operation of EICAS and ECAM? Does anyone know how does these systems works?

there are too little info for ECAM... does anyone know any website which i could look up on?

thanx alot..

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

ECAM is an Electric Centralised Aircraft Monitor which contains secondary information such as engine/warning displays on the upper screen and the aircraft systems display on the lower screen. Things like N1, N2, EGT and FF are all included in this.

EICAS (Engine Indication and Crew Alerting System) is similar to the ECAM in that it provides engine data, but does not necessarily always display - but in the event of a malfunction occurring, the flight crew's attention will be drawn to the screen with a colour reflecting the degree or severity i.e. red being severe.

The difference between the 2 is minimal, but suffice to say that, the ECAM is more schematic and will display the standard format or engine data everytime, whereas the EICAS has the potential to show you something that wouldn't normally be shown in standard flight. The difference is not as much in their function but in who uses them and in what aircraft. ECAM was introduced by Airbus in their aircraft, with Boeing introducing EICAS in their 757/767s. Nowadays, both companies often use both.

I hope that helps a bit 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here's a link to go with 99jolegg's very good explanation. 👍

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cockpit

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...