757 Engine Start Sequence

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,

I was just wondering what the correct start sequence is for the B757? Its just that I have just purchased the PSS 757 and having a few probs. I have checked the manuals, but no joy.......I shall explain what I am doing.

1. Set the fuel cut-offs to run on the pedestal
2. Set the engine starter to the GND position on the Overhead
3. Select the engine start switch to 1 (for example) and nothing happens.

I have made sure that I have the APU running when trying this

I can even use the Flight Sim method of automatically starting the engines using a key assignment, but still no luck.

If anyone can help I would be greatful.

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Was your Isolation Valve open?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here is a link to a B-757 checklist.

I don't have your program but let me throw out some general points that may help. Make sure you're getting air from the APU, that's what starts the Jet engines. Also, as you hit the start button, you should see ignition lights, somewhere. As N2 spins up to about 20%, you need to advance the thrust lever to ground idle. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the quick reply peeps. I will give it a go now and see what happens. I will try and provide screenies if I still have no luck

Ta
Leachus

Pro Member First Officer

Brilliant advise peeps, many thanks. A+ Advise

All sorted. Ended up that I was being a noob :p

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Glad to here it. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...