URL icon???

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

hello,
I am viewing this not through internet explorer but through bt yahoo broadband browser. In the top left hand corner next to where you enter the www etc stuff there is a small icon of a plane in flyaway grey colour. What i am asking is hoh do you get that there? I would like on on my site
Thankyou

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you need to make an icon called...favicon.ico simply, make a 22x22 (ithink) bmp, upload it to your server and rename it to .ico

next in the head,place this code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

the reason it is called favicon rather than anything else is that older version of IE pick it up automatically Wink

they show up by default in firefox too.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

cheers, it was for my freewebs site and i am only new to this so that makes no sense whatsoever. Thanks anyway

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

you need to make an icon called...favicon.ico simply, make a 22x22 (ithink) bmp, upload it to your server and rename it to .ico

next in the head,place this code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

the reason it is called favicon rather than anything else is that older version of IE pick it up automatically Wink

they show up by default in firefox too.

I believe 16x16 is the dimension and the code is:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...