Has anyone tried the demo on a Dual Core Processor?

Pro Member Trainee
Spedley Trainee

Has anyone tried the demo on a Dual Core Processor?

I've been reading/watching videos and it seems that FSX relies heavily on threads and 'backgournd tasks'.
I figure because the graphics settings make little difference there must be a reason for it being so slow [on my P4 2.4c and 6800Ultra 1Gb DDR]

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
WantFSX Guest

Yes, I tried it on my system which is a 3.2ghz dualcore with 4gb of ram and a 256 mb video card and i was getting a consistant frame rate of 50+. I actually got over 100fps with no water effects 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is always good to know that you can get frame rates roughly twice the speed that you can actually see. 😂

WantFSX wrote:

Yes, I tried it on my system which is a 3.2ghz dualcore with 4gb of ram and a 256 mb video card and i was getting a consistant frame rate of 50+. I actually got over 100fps with no water effects 😂

What kind of frames do you get with max settings?

WantFSX Guest

It depends on my altitude. At 5000+ feet Im getting 30-60fps on max settings, with the occasional 80fps spike. As Crash Gordon said, it doesnt really matter how high the frames are....if its above 25fps, it looks completely fluid.

Pro Member Trainee
Spedley Trainee

I got much better result today. A rough average of approx. 18fps (requested 25) with 22 with pointing at water and 9 panning at low altidtude - 1280x1024 more or less max settings. Also, a [reported] minimum of 2 fps with the occasional glitch.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hoow does one request fps's?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Press Shift and tap 'Z' twice I believe until 2 lines of red information appear at the top 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

3 times

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

3 times

Thanks 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Yes, and with high settings keeps above 40fps all the time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Thanks alot!!! I never Had Fs9 sooo beautifully!!!I lovvveee ittttt!!! Is there some way i can lock my pc's general fps??? Thanks alot!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...