strange install?

musnkatz Guest

I re-installed my FS 2004, and now it opens onto a full page, with no menu. I can't load my flight plans, or use any of the features on the menu now..also, the cursor seems to flutter when I have a take-off prepared. Help!!
musnkatz
musnkatz@earthlink.net

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

What caused you to reinstall? What happens in FS if you press the alt key?

musnkatz Guest

...last night (8-16-06) I was going to bring up the FS 2004 application, and it would not open. This happened to me once before, so this morning I did what I had done before..I uninstalled the FS 2004, rebooted, and re-installed it. Except this time when I tried to open it, it took the entire screen..no menu, not even my task bar. The initial FS window is the correct size, but then the screen blacks out, then the "Select A Flight" page opens taking up the entire monitor. When I select a flight, the panel screen takes up the entire monitor. I tried right clicking my mouse, but that only gave me cockpit view, virtual Cockpit view, spot plane view, Tower View, Top Down View, and Maximum View (during which my panel view disappears)..the Undock Window, Close Window, and the Hide Menu Bar options were hidden (you could see them but couldn't activate them. Obviously, the problem is that my Menu Bar is hidden, and for some reason, the monitor screen is enlarged when in FS...

spuddi Guest

if you hit alt + enter you will get the menus along the top

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...