FSX demo wont load.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

I know I said I would'nt download the demo untill it's final release, but thats just aswell, as I can't get it to load anyway 🙄 .
Thought I'd download and take a look at it, and compare everyone's comments, but it wont load 🙄 . It gets as far as this..........

and then it just stops and freezes on the above screen. I've tried several times, but it stops and freezes in the same place all the time (as above). I've left it like this for over an hour, but loads no further.
I've tried loading it on my Local Disc (C) that has 186GB of free space, and also on my local Disc (G) that has 80GB of free space. Has anyone had same/similiar problems ❓ I take it all the demo's are the same from various sites ❓ I downloaded it from here..........

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

Thanks. 😉

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

Have you tried it in compatibility mode?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I didn't have any problem. By the look of it, it is an installer problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try shutting off your anti virus and downloading it again, it may have been corrupted.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Thanks for your replies guy's 👍
As it turned out, it seems that it's downloaded o.k., but as CG suggested, it was an installer problem. I dont turn my antivirus/firewall off at any time for any reason, but on this occasion, when I turned them off, the demo has loaded o.k. 🙄 I should have tried that before posting my problem Embarassed Read Embarassed but as already said, my security is constantly on.
Thanks anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Your attention to security is commendable. Most likely, it was the interaction of the installer and antivirus program. When encountering a large installation, a good idea is to scan the install executable first. Then turn off the AV and run the installer.

Glad it all worked out.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...