Concorde Veering Off

Jamie4590 Guest

Recently I've had a few textbook landings ruined because when I turn off the autopilot just before the wheels touch the aircraft starts banking and veers off from the runway. The reason for it is because in previous flights I have altered the aileron trim and its not been reset. Even though I have a key that centers the rudder and ailerons it doesn't reset the trim setting? Is there a way I can reset it completely. The graphical display of my ailerons position isn't very clear either and there is no digital display so centering them manually involves a bit of guess work.

All this has happened because I've started banking the plane with the ailerons manually instead of letting the autopilot do it and I've not checked the trim settings in subsequent flights. In the real world when vectoring an airport do pilots use the AP to manouver and let the AP systems handle all the trim settings?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

well the only things i can think of are dont use auto land make sure ap is off and check your joystick beacuse on my old one the stick was straight but it was acting like i turned it

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, real pilots do allow the AP to maneuver for the approach but the AP is designed to be off no lower than 200 feet above the runway. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Number 5 on the kepad centers the rudder. As for the ailerons never had a problem. 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

I discovered the problem!

In the top left of my cockpit is a hidden bar that allows the aircraft to load cold and dark each time where everything is off and reset or in a ready status where the engines are running. The latter status also keeps the previous control surface settings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...