problems with flight sims

atheyjonny Guest

Got an athlon 2600+ processor with 512 memory, a nivada ge force 5200 vid card. Running micrcsoft f'sim 2002. Problem is that on modest settings my screen just freezes and I cannot do anything but turn my pc off and start again. At best I take off, fly for 20 mins and then....crash. Can anyone help or does anyone have any suggestions ?. By the way, I think my mother board is ok cos its been just upgraded.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check and make certain that you have a folder on "My Documents" and if so delete the last flight.
I take you have installed all of the Windows updates, SP1 and the latest DirectX.
Also load the latest sound and video card drivers.
Check and see if you have the latest BIOS drivers for your new mobo.
Put another 512mb in and your textures will render faster.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
RedSquad4 Trainee

just check you have your system updated on windowsupdate.com that should help 2 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Strange Fs2002 should fly on the specs you have given us.
Has it allways been like this or is it a new thing?
Have you added anything,aircraft /scenery?

When it does crash, are you flying the same route?

Sorry for all the questions

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may be overheating, check and see if your fans are clean or add another in the rear of the case.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...