737ng

Xpilot Guest

Could you explain,what does mean Transition altitude in FMC?Where can I get it from?

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

It's the altitude at which ATC expects you to set your altimeter to standard setting. It's also the point where you start refering to altitudes as "flight levels". In the US, it's 18,000 feet. In much of Europe it's 10,000 feet.

Xpilot Guest

ok,thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Just in case anyone is interested, the reason all aircraft set their altim. to 29.92 at 18000' is that at or above 18000' there is very little deviation in barometric pressure, due to the fact that most weather occurs below 18000' and therefore has little effect on altimeter accuracy, which makes vertical separation easier for everyone, especially ATC. 18000' is also the 500 millibar level on high alt weather analysis charts. Also ALL flight at and above 18000' is IFR only, even if you can see for miles and miles.

Xpilot Guest

Could anyone tell me,why why TCAS doesn't show any traffic on my ND?

Xpilot Guest

Does anyone know,why wipers aren't working?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The usual key strokes for windshield wipers is "Shift+W" but your pay-ware aircraft may have a different key assignment.
You'll have to check the manual that came with it or wait for someone that has the aircraft.

Radar

Xpilot Guest

Yeah it's key stroke,but what is the difference if I press wiper button on my overhead panel and wipers aren't working? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If there isn't any documentation in your manual about how to get the wipers to work then they may not even though you can see them.

Radar

Xpilot Guest

yeah good point,but simply I think if it's 737NG and add-on which is very close to reality,so it's very strange that such staff like wipers aren't working. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Does the site where you bought it have a web-board or a support system. I don't know where you bought it.

Radar

Xpilot Guest

Hi,
I bought it in "Game" store in London.But I don't think it's so important,simply if I turn wiper button and it doesn't work,I even don't know what it could be.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

here's the PMG support forum, maybe they can help.

Broken Link Removed

Good luck with it.

Radar

Xpilot Guest

Yea
I've sent them e-mail,will wait for answer. 😎
But I have another question,today I flew from EVRA to EKCH and not far from EKCH I had holding point at 4000,cause I need to hold there while I could contact Copenhagen atis to get info about landing runway,so after getting clearence to land runway 12 I chose ils12 in my FMC and made some 2 legs to get to ILS,FMC calculated decsend,but when I exit HOLD I couldn't switch on VNAV,I just get message on my FMC check ALT on MCP,but ALT was 4000?So I needed to descend manually to 3000?
Why,could anyone explain why VNAV switched off and I couldn't switch it on back??? 🙄

Xpilot Guest

Hi there,

Could any one explain,what does mean "LVL CHG" button on MCP,when it should be used?

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Go to PMDG website and download the ton of documents they have there. Then read them. Do their tutorial. Then you'll have a fair idea how to operate this aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...