FSX and Internet Explorer 7 ??

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

I did a beta on IE7 and really liked some of the enhancements. Unfortunately, I could no longer run FS9. Flash screen would come up and then...nothing... took me back to the desktop. Stay with me, I'm getting to the point.

After much snarling and gnashing of teeth, investigating forums, writing Microsoft, etc, I got some guy from MS in India who asked what Explorer I was using. After telling him beta 7, he said delete it and go back to 6. I did and all was back to normal with FS9. Apparently there is some browser interface conflict between IE7 and FS9. They finally got around to posting this little bug on their own FS website.

SO. MS says it might soon just automatically install IE7 for everybody out there who has that box checked under updates (I do not). My question: Has anyone run FSX while running the IE7 beta? Have they fixed the glitch in IE7 to work with FS9 for all of us out here who will continue to use a warm and fuzzy, tried/true/trusty/tweaked friend? Inquiring minds want to know.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

There is a post here somewhere about removing a specific file to cure the problem, but I have one foot out the door and can't research it.

That said, I use IE7 and the only problem I've experienced is the kneeboard crashes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you delete OLEACC.DLL in I.E.7 that would stop FSX from crashing. If they have fixed that probelm in the latest release is unknown to me.

That's been the cure for FS9.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

RadarMan, Many thanks for the tip. Found the same instruction on the MS release notes for IE7:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/default.aspx

Of course, now I wonder what impact this will have and what that file is used for in the first place?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Both are still betas.

Since MS knows the problem ( the on line "live" techs don't 🙄 ) they will fix it.
Don't forget they own both FSX and I.E. 7 and will never want either to fail or conflict...if the beta testers keep doing their jobs.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...