DASH 8-300Q - No GPS, not even the hand held !!!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

I'm appealing to any other users who have the new(ish) DASH 8-300 payware add-on.....

There are 2 versions with this add-on... the standard Dash 8-300 and the DASH 8-300Q version....

The Q version appears to have NO OPTION AT ALL to open up a GPS screen, not even the hand-held !!

Is this right, I pressed ALT and went into VIEWS to open it up that way and there's nothing ?

Can anyone confirm this is correct - if so, it'll be getting sold on Ebay as quickly as you can say "The ATR is far better" .......... !

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have that pay-ware aircraft but you can get this, it should work for you. Read before you buy.

http://www.simflyer.net/

Radar

Pro Member Captain

What a cool product - thanks RM - I'll keep the link for when I'm back on the Net at home.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you get it let us have a short report on it. I think that many may be interested, my favorite DC-3 doesn't have a GPS.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Just wanted to update on the DASH 8-300 add-on which is currently out in the shops and on the net....

I judged this too quickly with the criticism about the lack of any GPS on the Q300 model... sure, I stand by the fact that I think ALL add-ons should give the option to display at least a hand-held unit... it's not about 'cheating' it's about having a super fast way of viewing your birds-eye proximity to Airports, Runways, Approach Vectors, etc... I rarely ever slave my AP to GPS in any planes on FS9 these days, as most flights are either IFR or VFR navigating through VORS, etc... but it's still great to be able to "SEE" where you are, quickly!

Anyhoo.... the Dash 8-300 does have a hand-held unit but the model that most people who get this add-on will be interested in is the 1996 "Q" version (Q stands for Quiet as it is the quietest Prop in it's class).. and this model does not come with the hand-held GPS.

However, GPS apart, this IS an Add-on worth having... The Graphics are excellent, the Virtual Cockpit is as good as the 737 NG and the flight model is great... The DASH also benefits from a much more modern A/P device than that on the ATR or the BAe 146 (where you have to fly to whatever altitude you want to hold!).

The Dash also has far superior sound to the ATR... So if you like your Passenger Props (in superb liveries), this is an add-on worth having, I've spent some time with it this weekend and have grown to like it... it's currently sitting in 3rd place for me in the league of 'Boxed' add-ons - with the 727 Pro in 2nd Place and the stunning 737 NG in 1st place... The 737 NG is so far ahead of anything else out there at the moment - you'd have to HATE Jets not to enjoy it....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...