No left/right Pushback

Pro Member Trainee
jimimac Trainee

i can get the pushback to work ok with the ms default planes shift +p then 1 or 2, but the 737ng just goes straight back theres no left or right turn does anyone know how to get the pushback to work

thanks

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Well, I have also those kind of problems, but mine are worse! I can't even turn left or right while doing pushback. I don't know why. I press 1 and 2 but nothing happens. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

Well, I have also those kind of problems, but mine are worse! I can't even turn left or right while doing pushback. I don't know why. I press 1 and 2 but nothing happens. Crying or Very sad

You have to press the 1 or 2 immediately after the shift-P, then be patient. 🙄 The acft will push straight back for a ways before it begins to turn.

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

jimimac wrote:

i can get the pushback to work ok with the ms default planes shift +p then 1 or 2, but the 737ng just goes straight back theres no left or right turn does anyone know how to get the pushback to work

I remember reading something about this on the PMDG website. I think you have to do some reassignment of keyboard keys to get it to work. Not much help, I know, but there's a TON of documentation on that site. Good luck.

[/quote]You have to press the 1 or 2 immediately after the shift-P, then be patient. 🙄 The acft will push straight back for a ways before it begins to turn.[/quote]

Do I have to hold 1 or 2 while doing pushback? I press Shift+P and then I press 1 or 2 but with no success. I can't make the plane to turn. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong. Well, I know that I'm doing it wrong, because the plane doesn't turn. I'd like to know why that happens.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oops, sorry. Guest was me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may be as Arkydave said that there are certain "keys" assigned to that particular aircraft being that's it's "custom" (pay-ware).
I usually do it by twisting my joystick (or '1" or "2") but that's for standard freeware aircraft.
Tale a look though your manuals or see if that pay-ware site has a forum.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I must admit, I've just tried the "1&2" method to no avail. Can anyone shed any light? Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As your backing up (freeware) use the "1 and 2" above the letter "Q" not on your keypad.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey guys! I'm a little happy, but just a little, because I could make the plane to turn while doing pushback, but it just turn right. I couldn't make the plane to turn left.
When I twist my joystick left or right, the plane doesn't turn on pushback, so I have to try it with the keyboard. I could make the plane turn right two times. That's why I'm a little happy. Now I want to make the plane turn left and I'm done. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Agus0404, if you are using a default FS2004 aircraft, then I don't understand. As far as I know, ALL default aircraft will respond to the Shift-P and 1 or 2. Many, but not all, add-on aircraft will as well. What aircraft are you trying it with? If it's an add-on, try it in something like the Cessna 172.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Arkydave wrote:

Agus0404, if you are using a default FS2004 aircraft, then I don't understand. As far as I know, ALL default aircraft will respond to the Shift-P and 1 or 2. Many, but not all, add-on aircraft will as well. What aircraft are you trying it with? If it's an add-on, try it in something like the Cessna 172.

Neither do I. I don't understand why the plane doesn't turn when I press 1 or 2. I am using a default aircraft, 777-300 and a 747-400. With that plane, 747-400 I could make the plane to turn right.
Well, thank you very much in all the information you gave me. I'll do my best on trying to fix that problem. I can really enjoy the game with that problem. It's not a big deal. At least, it's not for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Strange
You have to be quick when pressing the "1" or "2" after "shift"

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guys, you know what? I'm the happiest person in the whole world. Am I exaggerating? 😀 😀 After playing FS2004 last night I figured out how to make the plane to turn "left" and "right" ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ Yeeeeeeesss!! I did it!! I'm so happy.
Thank you all of you for helping me! 👍 🍻 Now, we can celebrate. Cheers!!
Now, the question is: how did I figure out how to make the plane to turn while doing pushback? Easy!! I did not know that when you press 1 or 2 the plane instantly turn right or left. You have to be patience and wait like 3 seconds and the plane will turn automatically. That's the way I figured out how to make the plane to turn. I just waited to see any changes. But I waited 3 seconds! And the plane turned.
When I did not know what to do, I was pressing 1 and 2 and then 1 and then 1 again and 1. I was shouting "turn turn!!" And then I pressed 2 and 2, again 2. But nothing happened. That was my mistake. I wasn't waiting.
Well, I guess I have to go now. Thank you a lot, guys, for helping me. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Group Wave Group Wave

Even the pushback takes a while. At first I was just like you, why isn't it backing up.
So much for all of us to learn, by the time we get good with FS9, FSX will be out with new "toys" for us.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

Thank God for that i was in the same position i could do the pushback but would not turn,like you Agus i was hammering the keys cursing the thing and now all is at rest 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain

tricky2070 wrote:

Thank God for that i was in the same position i could do the pushback but would not turn,like you Agus i was hammering the keys cursing the thing and now all is at rest 👏

Now, we can enjoy the game better than before, right? 😀

Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

Oh yes indeed my friend simple things make me happy 😀

Pro Member Trainee
jimimac Trainee

i have just installed fscopilot its a great program you get better control over pushback and it works with the pmdg 737 also all other aircraft, you can download it here http://www.mcdu.com/en//
sorry dont know how to get the link to work but thats the address then click on software.

Elkin Guest

you guys gotta install one of these pushback utilities!!!! They are SWEEEeeeeTT!!!!!!

fpdapush.zip

The one I have even has crew/attendant calls! the copilot calls out the Vspds I set.

It is great!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...