a hand held GPS for B200?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

My Favorite Beech B200 does not have a moving map on the Cillins GPS, and I don't quite like the funky Collins GPS. I like Garmin much better. My question is, how can I get a addon handheld Garmin when I fly this plane? I am talking about sim of course..

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

You can add it by adding a window to your panel.cfg 😀

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

can you be a little bit more specific? I have no idea how to do this...thanks a lot

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

There is a way to add a window to your plane's panel.cfg and to include the default MS GPS. Unfortunately, I don't have an example for you.

If my memory serves (it doesn't always), there is a hand-held GPS out there. You might want to check simflyer.com or reality-xp.com.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Doug "Grumpy" Attrell wrote a nice tutorial. I haven't tried it in fs9 but would not hesitate to do so if the need arose. I may have misunderstood your query - if so, ignore this. If not - ➡ http://www.simviation.com/lair/AddGPS.htm

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

nottobe wrote:

can you be a little bit more specific? I have no idea how to do this...thanks a lot

Sorry about the short answer. Embarassed Tailhook pointed you to a pretty good porceedure it is very simular to what you would do with fs9. If you would like additional help I will try to answer later today as I am at work and do not have the simulator available for reference. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Just in case you would like a better explination on fs9

Make changes with fs9 not running if you have it running and want to
tweek the numbers change to a different airplane before making change
and do not save a flight before you have what you want.

Entries for panel.cfg
[Window Titles]
//add next line under window titles
Window02=GPS // window number next available if not 02

// add following lines changing the 02 to the next window number
// it can be inserted before [VCockpit01] if ther is one

[Window02]
size_mm=545,354
window_size=0.5,0.3625
position=2 // this positions the window in 9 positions upper left is 0
// lower right is 8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0 // makes back ground invisable
VISIBLE=0 // not visable on start up the window number will identify
// the key to open, shift 2 would open this window
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_295, 0,0 // gsp gauge

[End of entries to panel.cfg] this line not part of the addition

a // in the line allows comments to be added to the code you can leave
the comment in or delete them out from the // to the end of the line is ignored by the program

Happy flying 😀

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

christmas eve I got this present: Garmin 295 handheld GPS for my Aeroworx Beech Kingair B200.
panel.cfg file change successful!
Thanx so much lkw, I am gonna save this script for other aircraft if they dont have a GPS....merry christmas...

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Your welcom. Happy New Year!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...