Can any one tell me how to install the downloaded planes in FS2002
I have downloaded a few planes but now I can't seem to install them
so I can at least try them Thank you Chris

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

HI rovie
If your using Winzip, when aked if you want to unzip file to another file click yes
You should now be offered a window where you should see the contents of your computor ,click local disk (normally C)then scroll down to programs.click + and now scroll down to ms games click + again for 20002 now scroll down to the aircraft folder and click the folder then ok
Winzip should now unzip it to that file
You may have to use ms flight editor on some aircaft
There are other ways but try this first
Let us know how you get on
cheers

Pro Member Trainee
Ken (WAKE-9) Trainee

Probably Beginners Non luck Crying or Very sad , but I still can't manage, just dragging the files into the Aircraft part of the FS 2002 Directory, but i can't select the aircraft from the window, and the panels never show up.

Would I have to unzip some of the zipped parts of the panels, etc. subfiles?

Thanks
WAKE-9

ps. How do I install scenery?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok,
I do it a more complicated way,but it works.
Make certain you have a plane not just textures.

Unzip the file and now it's in it's own little window, you work from there. Dump the jpgs.

dblc=double-click

dblc on "my computer"
dblc on the "C" drive icon.
dblc on "program files"
dblc on "Microsoft Games".
dblc on "Flight Simulator.

Now you have all the folders laid out in front of you.
Follow the directions in the read-me that came with the aircraft.
Put the gauges in the gauge folder.
Put the effects in the effects folder.
Put the aircraft in the aircraft folder, make certain it has the correct name of the plane.

Now go crash land like I do. 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
macbobbs Trainee

I have always used Adit! Pro for installing Acft. and Scenery on FS2K2 and have found it to be absolutely fantastic.Just get the website from Google and d/load the latest version , cost about US$20 after d/loading and installing you are given an unlocking no. and away you go.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...