Great Help for Plane Downloads....

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Just installed this on recomdation of another flyer here......

It is great...Does it all..From planes to sounds to panels to editing the games planes.......

It used to cost but now has a one month free service....It is very helpful for folks like me that have trouble with zip files and installing them.....

Hope it was OK to put this here Flyaway,RadarMan.....

This Utility does it all........

Go to Addit!Pro 2004.com and check it out.....Does it all....And very easy I must say....Has all the help pages you'll ever need too!!!!!!!

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🍻 It's a very interesting looking "utility" and if you do require some help with the various downloads it seems to say that it does the job.
I've never seen it before and until I try out the "crippled" demo I can't say that it's good but it certainly does look like it can save time.
Thanks for pointing it out, I'm certain that our fellow members appreciate it.
Addit! Pro

http://www.byteforge.com/ Idea

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Guenthner (MJG145CAP) Trainee

Well I downloaded the demo late last night. Immediatly tried an EA-6B file that I hadn't tried to load yet. Result: It worked perfectly and was a snap. So this am got up and tried to add some other files that I downloaded late last night. Result: 0 for 5 for these add-ons as far as the Addit! software installing them automatically.

Now I don't necessarily think that the Addit! software is flawed, it's just that some of these zip files contain all kinds of stuff that needs to be sorted through first. Looks like the software is setup to automaticly load a zip file in a very specific format. Looks like that if the zip file is different for whatever reason then you have to work a little with their software to make it all happen. So I will keep trying these five files, tweaking the installation using the Addit! software to see if they'll work. I'll let you know how it's going.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Punk Thanks for the update MJG145CAP we're all going to be happy flyers if it work easily. Bow Down

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Well it seems that some planes go exaztly where they belong,,and work great,,,,And others not so well.....It has something to do with all the files,,which I don't understand yet...All I know is that I'm 3 for 8 on planes with this utility..A couple are missing stuff like guages,,and when I get time I'll download the proper guages and see if it will install them properly....Until then,,,I'm just happy to have more planes....

TIP....Some planes do not show up as new plane in the game list....IE... Viscount 300 (I think) shows up under the plane( I forgot,but starts with a V) file...So you have to look at all planes,and their counter parts to find some downloads......Mason

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 The gauge problem: Most designers seem to use many of the same gauges, I am obsessed with loading new aircraft into my sim. I now have over 200 folders and I can't tell you how many "dogs" I've deleted.
Doing so I've built up a gauge folder well in excess of 1000 gauges and every time I load a new aircraft it seem now that all I'm doing is duplicating the old gauges.
Some time if you are like me (obsessed Help! ) you'll reach that point (very helpful). Bow Down

Harleyman, what your are trying to say is that some aircraft show up at the bottom of the list as "unspecified", I have a long list of those also. Doh!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Guenthner (MJG145CAP) Trainee

After working with the Addit! software a little more I've had better results.

First off it seems that the program works best if it is able to directly access a zipped file before I've had a chance to open it and purge some of the unneeded files like the readme's.

I'll take a downloaded (zipped) file and either put it on my desktop and drag the whole zip file to a temp folder or I guess I could just download the aircraft zip files right into the temp folder itself. From there as long as the file hasn't been unzipped the Addit! software seems to work very well at extracting and placing the appropriate files where they need to go.

I was able to add several more addons from this site last night with success.

One thing I have noticed is that there can be a tendency for the addon aircraft's folder to get loaded into the main FS9 folder and into the actual FS9 aircrafts folder as well.

Now to be absolutely fair to the Addit! folks I very well may have caused this by mesing around with the files prematurely but when I've uploaded new a/c and they haven't appeared in the aircraft list in the selection menu it has always been because the files have been duplicated, with one in the FS9 aircraft folder (where it should be) and one in the FS9 main folder (where it should not be).

So looks like I'm getting the aircraft addons to work. Next I'll start trying some of the other features like scenery addons, paint schemes and AI uploads.

Pro Member First Officer

Harleyman, what your are trying to say is that some aircraft show up at the bottom of the list as "unspecified", I have a long list of those also. Doh!

Radar[/quote]

Sorry I was so slack in answering this.....

I have never seen *unspecified* yet.....

The C130 shows up under....Lockheed ETC....I forget where they all show up...but theyu are not in a single listing...Only under old titles in the different versions box...Is that whats it's called???? Who knows LOL

Know I am going to solve the whole prob,,you know,,the one about me being a puter dummie,,and just buy new planes I like...Hopefully they will auto install...If not I'm going to be pissed....LOL Mason

Pro Member Trainee
littledude1234 Trainee

CanI have some directions to download the planes I'm veryconfused 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

littledude1234 wrote:

CanI have some directions to download the planes I'm veryconfused 😕

This should do it.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...