Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

STAR naming (FIVE, SIX, NINE)

cumpaniciu_one Guest

I am looking at the STAR procedure naming for KSEA:
http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp_search.asp?fldIdent=SEA&fld_ident_type=FAA&fldCity=&fldAPName=&st=WA&fullName=Washington&ver=0609&eff=08-31-2006&end=09-28-2006

CHINS FIVE
EPHRATA SIX
GLASR SIX
JAWBN NINE

What do the digits mean in the procedure name?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Those numbers are just revision numbers. When the CHINS 5 is altered or revised, it will be the CHINS 6. 🙂

cumpaniciu_one Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Those numbers are just revision numbers. When the CHINS 5 is altered or revised, it will be the CHINS 6. 🙂

Thanks! But I thought there already was one versioning system (the expiration date). Maybe the STAR version is there to alert about significant changes... ❓

Cumpaniciu

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

cumpaniciu_one wrote:

Thanks! But I thought there already was one versioning system (the expiration date). Maybe the STAR version is there to alert about significant changes... ❓
Cumpaniciu

That's what I meant by altered. The date will expire without any changes but alterations(changes to the procedure) will cause a change in the number. Also note that only NACO (Government) charts have expiration dates. The charts used by almost every Airline, Jeppesen, don't have expiration dates on the charts. They have a different revision system that shows effective dates. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Thats great information CRJ Capt

Does that information apply for SIDs as well?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, it does. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Oh ok thanks 😀

So in one of the SIDS in Dublin Intl (EIDW) on runway 28 for is called TOLKA1A, is the 1 in this case the number that refers to the expiry date?

Thanks

Tim

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

TimH wrote:

Oh ok thanks 😀
So in one of the SIDS in Dublin Intl (EIDW) on runway 28 for is called TOLKA1A, is the 1 in this case the number that refers to the expiry date?
Thanks
Tim

No, the Expiration date will be in small letters on the edge of the page(US charts, not sure about Europe). The name of the SID has nothing to do with the expiration of that chart. The charts in the US are updated every 56 days with change notices(small bulletins) every 28 days. 🙂

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions