FSCommander and SID/STAR

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

When running FSCommander and using the SID/STAR for creating a flight plan in FSX, I have run into a recurring problem at various airports. When creating a flight plan and looking at the FSCommander map, airport KTPA shows several runways namely 18R, 18L, 36R & 36L. When you select the SID/STARS TRAN in FSCommander for the departure it displays 01L, 01R, 19L & 19R. I am using AIRAC 1301. I have found this same condition at other airports as well and I wonder if I have something set wrong or do I have to update something somewhere. I sometimes get the same condition when selecting the STAR approach, that is the runways don't coincide with the STAR listing. Thanks for any help

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Well it seems after much searching all afternoon it appears that the problem in FSCommander cannot be corrected. I have looked at other flight planners that might use SID/STAR routing but it appears there are almost none for FSX. FSCommander is a well written program but the conflict between the SID and STAR departures and approaches on some of the major airports do not match the actual runway numbers. I am not sure where FSCommander is reading the AIRAC SID/STAR charts from as the error is in the reading of the SID/STAR Departures and Arrivals and not on the map or the charts I have downloaded for KTPA.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I found this http://www.fstramp.com/
You can try the demo but it's expensive to buy, about $40 I think.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...