Repaint problem!

Umbersun Guest

Hi!

I just finished my first a/c repaint. I used the FS Repaint software from Abacus (the upgraded version that already works with the new versions of nVidia drivers) and the plane I chose was the B737-600 from PMDG (with the own PMDG painting scheme). Well, I opened the plane on the program, loaded and edited all the textures I wanted on Photoshop CS and reloaded those textures on FS Repaint successfully. On the properties of the plane (that appears when you right click on the name of your a/c inside the FS Repaint) I modified the a/c name and it's registration number. My plane looked fine on the program but after that the problem started. I closed the program and ran MS FS2004. I selected my airplane on the database list and as soon as I clicked on its name the game quits. No error message, only goes immediatly back to windows and closes. I don't know if this is relevant but I noticed that the texture files I repainted became smaller after I saved them on Photoshop. For example, the fuselage texture originally was 4mb and now is 3mb. I believe the problem is related with the way I edited the textures or the way I saved them on Photoshop. I also tried to use DTX... something to send the textures to the editor but when comes to save the the file after edited I stuck with the same problem: which saving option I must select. Why the file size changes after edited? Thank's in advance for your help!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

3mb does not sound right at all and FS9 can only take certain BMP formats, i've listed below the file sizes (i think) for a standard 1024x1024 bitmap texture.

256 colour: 0.512mb
DXT1: 0.512mb
DXT3: 1mb
444-4: 2mb
888-8: 4mb

this can vary with mip maps..but you hopefully aren't using them. try saving as one of the above formats (usually 888-8 32bit or DXT3)

Umbersun Guest

Thank's for your information! I'll try tonight when I get home. What do you think is better, opening the textures from the FS Repaint or using the DTXbmp to do it?

Umbersun Guest

Thank's for your information! By the way, what's your advice: FS Repaint or DTXbmp to send the textures to the editor? Thank's!

Pro Member Trainee
Ivan M. Gomes (Umbersun) Trainee

Thank's but now I did it! My plane from "Power ON" is already flying! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...