Stratojet Excalibur Paintkit?

Pro Member Trainee
Sanuska Trainee

Topic. I've checked the readme, flyawaysim, avsim, ect. No links to the paintkit. Any ideas?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

If you kind find it then it probably doesn't exist.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

http://ifdg.net/ may have one but their site is down.They have a forum up, ask there.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sanuska wrote:

Topic. I've checked the readme, flyawaysim, avsim, ect. No links to the paintkit. Any ideas?

What makes you think that particular aircraft has a paintkit?

You mightn't be aware, but a paintkit has to be made separately. So if the a/c isn't expected to be too popular or if the paintkit is too difficult to make, nobody will bother. Idea

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Sanuska wrote:

As tailhook has indicated there is probably no paintkit available for this aircraft especially so, as it is a fictional a/c ..... but all is not lost - I note that the texture folder for the Globe Explorer livery lends itself well to editing and could be used as a paintkit. The important bmp files (main, wings,etc) are all well labelled and the existing paint gives a clue to where to place airline name, tail number, and any 'go fast' lines you may wish to add. You would of course have to delete all the existing paint that you do not want to retain. A fairly simple task if you have some experience in repainting and knowledge of a layered photo editor. Hope this helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

most of his models come out with a plain white texture set. if this is the case take it to photoshop and copy it onto a new layer. make the base layer solid white leaving the original on top. with the new top layer shift over to the right to the layers palette and change the style from 'normal' to 'multiply' and shift its transparency down a bit. this makes the white clear and the lines stay semi-transparent.

how else can you paint a carenado model so easily Wink

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

hinch wrote:

most of his models come out with a plain white texture set. if this is the case take it to photoshop and copy it onto a new layer. make the base layer solid white leaving the original on top. with the new top layer shift over to the right to the layers palette and change the style from 'normal' to 'multiply' and shift its transparency down a bit. this makes the white clear and the lines stay semi-transparent.

how else can you paint a carenado model so easily Wink

In the case of the Stratocruiser, he has not included a plain white texture but the Globe Explorer texture is mostly white but it all depends on how familiar Sanuska is with Photoshop procedures. I was giving what I thought was the simplest way for him to repaint the a/c - in fact it would only take about 10 minutes to convert the Explorer livery to a paintkit of sorts. Your method although obvious to someone with Photoshop experience may appear somewhat daunting to someone with less knowledge of layering processes. I await his response.

fastade Guest

Sorry for this late replay. I repainted the Excalibur using the supplied 'Global' texture. I named the result 'Blue Streak'. Where can I post a pix of it?
fastade.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...