Illegal FSX

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Ive spotted some illegal copies of FSX floating about already.
That was quick!

Have Microsoft built in any new security features to prevent people using them?

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

My understanding is that they have to go through the MS activation process within a certain time period or they will cease to function. Of course if any of the fools who download them try to activate theirs... 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Doyley wrote:

Ive spotted some illegal copies of FSX floating about already.
That was quick!

Have Microsoft built in any new security features to prevent people using them?

I thought ill-eagle was a sick bird. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

What the hell are you talking about?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

Calm down, it was a joke. An old one, but a joke, anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I am calmed down, you ought to see me when I'm angry. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Glad to have you here. I need someone to make me look mellow. ROFL

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

Illegal versions work fine. You just need to know HOW to install the software and how to bypass the security. Of course there's already a crack. I tried it with the game a friend of my downloaded. It gave an error, but finding the proper installation manner, it worked.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Yes, but to escape all of the registration and product code, you would have to download so many cracks etc.

Why not just buy the actual product like all the rest of us have? It seems a much better investment in the long run to me 🙂

Don't be a pirate! 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

The problem is that those who download software illegally, don't think it is a crime. They think it is "cool".

My hope is that whatever they own that they value the most...gets stolen. Maybe then, they will understand.

Of course, having noticed that several members have admitted to having pirated copies of FSX, I suspect the only way they will ever understand is if they are jailed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

...I suspect the only way they will ever understand is if they are jailed.

Negative. I have it on good authority that they play computer games... yes yes and flight simulator in jail. And guess what? Due to budget cuts they're using pirated copies 😳

Maybe hard labor or solitary confinement is the answer... Umm...

Execution perhaps? 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

...I suspect the only way they will ever understand is if they are jailed.

Negative. I have it on good authority that they play computer games... yes yes and flight simulator in jail. And guess what? Due to budget cuts they're using pirated copies 😳

Maybe hard labor or solitary confinement is the answer... Umm...

Execution perhaps? 😁

The last option has always been my first choice...within 60 minutes of being convicted. Why waste money feeding them. Twisted Evil

Jamie4590 Guest

I play Snooker but its very expensive at my local clubs. Convicts can play for free! They should do hard labour by building new jails which would solve the overcrowding problem. They might incorporate rat runs and escape routes though. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

In Queensland, they estimate 60% of the jail population are fine defaulters. That's never made sense to me. They owe money, so put them in jail so they can cost the government more money.

We would often have warrants turn themselves in on a Friday, spend the weekend in lockup, go to court monday and get released for time already served. No point being out on the weekend anyway, people are home, you've got to wait until they go to work on monday so you can break in and steal their tv.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now who would have thought that a topic dealing with 'Illegal FSX' would result in a consencus how convicts should be treated.
Who said FS is not an all-encompassing platform or dare I say a Universe in itself. Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain

Are there any jails, other than Alcatraz, visible in FSX?

After all, if we are going to go off topic, we should do it right. 😂

Come to think of it, since Alcatraz is no longer a prison, I suppose that question doesn't make sense. 🙄 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

Yeah, well, whatya gonna do against it...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...