Erm...

Fryingpan Guest

Ok, microsofts webbie says that you can run FSX with as little as 512mb, i have 1gb, will it work?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

It may,but you dont list your CPU or GFX.These are both important factors for FSX

Fryingpan Guest

ok, here some more info

AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core
2.0 gigahertz
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Since I am running it on a P4 2.8 GHz with 612 MB RAM (128 MB shared with and Intel on board GFX), I would say it will run on your computer. You may not be able to move all the settings to ultra high, but you will get better results than I do.

Fryingpan Guest

Thanks Crash, i was worried i was gonna have to spend $$$ or in my case £££ upgrading....

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you haven't noticed in previous posts, autogen and traffic are the biggest problem areas. I can have my scenery detail on ultra high, 19m mesh resolved to 1m with no problem, but that is with no autogen and aircraft traffic at zero.

Fryingpan Guest

Thanks for the info. Crash, is there ne where besides this Forum that i can see your screenshots?

Fryingpan Guest

Sorry about using text speech in my previous post but i was in a rush ^^

Pro Member Chief Captain

Fryingpan wrote:

Sorry about using text speech in my previous post but i was in a rush ^^

😂 It wasn't excessive. 😂

The only public areas they exist is in the FSX forum her. I've ratcheted back the number of shots I've posted because while I have posted them to show what can be done on a mediocre computer, the art critics have decided they weren't worthy of Rembrandt.

I will try to post a few later today under the subject, "for Fryingpan", so yoou can find them.

Fryingpan Guest

thank you, ive decided not 2 believe all the crap about you being an idiot, to the contrary, you see like a person who just wants to do what he loves and that is flying, thats fair enough

Pro Member Chief Captain

Fryingpan wrote:

thank you, ive decided not 2 believe all the crap about you being an idiot, to the contrary, you see like a person who just wants to do what he loves and that is flying, thats fair enough

ROFL

Hey, the crap may be true. 😂 It could just be that I am back on my medication, today. 😉

I can be abrasive and won't back away from an argument. It will surprise people that I don't dislike those I argue with. It would be very boring if there isn't an occasional food fight.

Fryingpan Guest

hey, arguments are good! It lets you vent anger... if you didn', you might go psycho 😳 ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...