REAL PILOT'S DONT HIT "SAVE FLIGHT" !

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Here's a challenge for you to consider, that I'm currently doing :

ABANDON THE 'SAVE FLIGHT' BUTTON !

What I'm talking about is not periodically saving every flight that you fly just in case you crash Evil or Very Mad

I do this too much.. even though I don't crash that often but when you think about it, it's not very realistic 'saving' the simulation 5 times during every approach (and real world pilot's don't get this option!) 😀

So next time you get into one of the Planes that your confident in, try flying a decent sized route without using SAVE as a back-up....

I'm now trying to avoid using SAVE FLIGHT, except when time runs out (when the missus drags me away from the screen) Crying or Very sad and I'm needing to save the flight to resume at a later date.

Does anyone else do this for realism, or are we all too scared (or sensible?!) ❓

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

What 'Save Flight' button?? 😳 *looks under the dash* Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

You can save a flight at any stage by pressing the ; (semicolon) key on your keyboard or by pressing ALT, then selecting FLIGHT, SAVE FLIGHT on the menu bar.

Flights are retrieved by clicking on SELECT A FLIGHT, and choosing the "MY SAVED FLIGHTS" folder on the FS Front page.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

It never accoured to me to save the flight in case I crash. Baby
I am sure you will enjoy flying much more with the added risk factor. 🍅
just kidding man

Guest Guest

I think the constant saving of games is an ingrained habit for gamers who play runnin'-n-gunnin' games. You just know you're gonna get killed the first twenty times you run into that dark room full of enemy marines/black-ops/green monsters, and you can't possibly replay the game from the beginning every time you die. It would take years!

In the flight sim, I usually only save flights when I'm on the ground with the engines off. On an extended trip, it just saves time to leave the plane there, fueled, the flaps all trimmed up the way I like, the GPS display sized and positioned where I like it, all ready to continue the trip.

Besides, I haven't actually crashed for a while. Not since the last time I tried to land a helicopter, I think. 🙄

Last night I left the LearJet in Dakar, Senegal, ready to continue the African tour today.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Here's a challenge for you to consider, that I'm currently doing :

ABANDON THE 'SAVE FLIGHT' BUTTON !

Never even thought about it. The only time I save is when I'm on a long flight and run out of time.

I seldom crash, but if I do I can walk a way from it. That's all that counts. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

The only time I can see saving a game is when guests come over, if I had to leave the game for some reason, or if I am on a long flight but in that case I have been just landing and resuming from that location. But some areas just are too sparce of airports to do that and the save would have been a big help. These last two weeks it would have come in handy for the Olympics.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...