minimum system requirements

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Here is a list of the minimum specs required to run FSX as issued by Microsoft ➡

* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
* PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
* 14 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
* 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
* Sound card, speakers, or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So lets look at each one on the list one at a time

You need Windows XP with service pack 2 installed

CPU running at or over 1Ghz A PC with a 1Ghz cpu will struggle like hell to run FSX.The more Ghzs you have the better

256 MBs of ram ROFL Dont even think of trying to run FSX with this.Again more is better,much more

14GB of hard disk space. Got to have it or it will not install

DVD-ROM drive Again you've got to have one to install FSX

32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card ROFL Again dont even think of it with such a low card

Sound card/chip,speakers and a mouse.We all have these 🙄

Online flying will work on a dial up modem but broadband is much better

My PC consists of a

2.8 Ghz CPU
1.5Gig memory
Nvidia 5900GS
It will run FSX with most of the settings up but not set to max
You can fly and tweak very easily in FSX and it is worth spending some time just trying different settings out

Here is a link to the FSX website and a FAQ page

http://www.fsinsider.com/About/Frequently-Asked-Questions/

These Q & A I found very interesting ➡

Should I wait to upgrade my hardware until Vista comes out?

If you’re thinking about upgrading your hardware, you might consider waiting until Vista and DirectX 10 are released, as there will be new hardware that Flight Simulator can take advantage of.

Does FSX require Vista and DirectX 10?

No. Just Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2. Once Vista and DirectX 10 are released we’ll release an update that will enable Flight Simulator to take advantage of all their new capabilities.

Hope this will be of some use to you 😉

Last edited by tomthetank on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Everyone with a 32X DVD-ROM drive, raise your hand.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

These specs can hardly run FS9... 😕
Can MS employ who give this specs as basics, show us some of his shots??? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is what has caused a lot of speculation:

Does FSX require Vista and DirectX 10?

No. Just Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2. Once Vista and DirectX 10 are released we’ll release an update that will enable Flight Simulator to take advantage of all their new capabilities.

Good to finally have a guideline here.

grkfury89 Guest

MY compter has 1gb ram, 160gb harddrive, integrated 64 mb video card,
SP2. For some reason when i install the game FSX, it says something about my graphics card and to update the drivers. i did all that but is still
wont run. what sould i do . is it the graphics card. should i get a new graphics card .please answer!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

grkfury89 wrote:

MY compter has 1gb ram, 160gb harddrive, integrated 64 mb video card,
SP2. For some reason when i install the game FSX, it says something about my graphics card and to update the drivers. i did all that but is still
wont run. what sould i do . is it the graphics card. should i get a new graphics card .please answer!

Most of us have a 256mb a 512mb card or better, you have a 64mb.

I think you see the problem.

Also what is your CPU.

Radar

I need HELP ! ! Whenever I push my throttle my whole computer restarts... the game loads normally every loads normally expect before i take off i increase my throttle and the whole computer restarts... help ! ! 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I need HELP ! ! Whenever I push my throttle my whole computer restarts... the game loads normally every loads normally expect before i take off i increase my throttle and the whole computer restarts... help ! ! 😞

Shut off your computer.
Unplug the joystick.
Start up the machine and try to fly by the keyboard.
If it works then it's either the stick or the sticks software.
If it doesn't work then you have bigger problems.

Radar

Using keyboard is fine... just that i cant use my throttle... i didn't use any software to install... windows just install for me.... oh no 😞 alright thanks 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...