Planes in FSX: Flying the Goose and the Maule

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hey ppl! Hope you all enjoy this Sim as much as I do! Really awesome scenery and all! I was wondering how I could get to fly the Goose and the Maule, I have the not-Deluxe version of the sim, and only AI has the Goose and Maule, any way I can get into those planes?!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mat3329 wrote:

Hey ppl! Hope you all enjoy this Sim as much as I do! Really awesome scenery and all! I was wondering how I could get to fly the Goose and the Maule, I have the not-Deluxe version of the sim, and only AI has the Goose and Maule, any way I can get into those planes?!

If they are AI planes then they come traditionally without a panel which makes them ... well, hard to fly.

You might consider the following alternatives:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1339/fsx-dehavilland-dhc2-mk3-turbo-beaver-amphibian-ontario/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1342/fsx-dehavilland-dhc2-mk3-turbo-beaver-amphibian-private/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1340/fsx-dehavilland-dhc2-mk3-turbo-beaver-on-tundra-tires/

The first two have floats.

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Thanks a lot, but you can get these planes on this website. But I wonder if anybody could send me their files for the Goose and the Maule from their FSX??

sammahax Guest

HI! I think I can help you. I also have the FSX standard edition, but the Grumman and Maule are in my airplanes folder too. If you want to fly them, open \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Grumman_Goose_G21\aircraft.cfg and replace the first 17 lines with this here:

; Localized 09/12/2006 03:16 AM (GMT) 4:4.2.169 aircraft.cfg
[fltsim.0]
title=fghgf
sim=zukzu
model=""
panel=""
sound=""
texture=1
kb_checklists=dfgde
kb_reference=regerg
atc_id=nzsn
ui_manufacturer=Prop
ui_type=dfhddghsr
ui_variation=" blue yellow"
ui_typerole=zfmzum
ui_createdby=jhkzuk
description=zukzkzufkz

I only have replaced the name of the airplane with any letters in [fltsim.0].
You can do the same with the aircraft.cfg of the Maule. I had to restart FSX and I can now fly them except when I select one special painting of the Grumman or the Maule FSX exits for hat reason ever. If you want a panel you can copy a panel folder of one of the other airplanes into the Grumman or Maule folder. I hope I have helped you. If you haven't understood what to do mail to: nmehrbrodt@gmx.de and I'll try to help you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...