prop at high RPM
mixture full rich
fuel boost pump on
magneto starter switch is on start
throttle idle
alternater switch on
fuel boost pump off

the prop spins up for a bit then stops after 1 or 2 seconds

is anyone able to start the maule from a cold start?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Possibly a fuel valve that needs to be turned on?

Pro Member Trainee
IAmMrTea08 Trainee

well the fuel selector valve is set to both

is it not supposed to?

Pro Member Trainee
bb42 Trainee

yeah it should be at both, thats atleast what i have it on. as for it not starting, i really cant help you there i dont really fly the maule. but im guessing that you have used the checklist given to you in the kneeboard section, right?

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Following the checklist I can't get it to start either. I also tried a few things you are supposed to do on a real fuel injected aircraft but no luck. I would say it's bugged. Also bugged in the Maule are the lights. The lights only work if you have the landing light switch on and then they all come on, if I remember correctly.

Pro Member Trainee
bb42 Trainee

ok yeah, i just tried to cold start a maule, with no luck. like faust said its probably bugged. and the lights thing, happens to me in my Boeing 737-800, for sum reason i cant turn on any other lights without the landing lights being on. seems like a glitch.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I experince this with the maule and sometimes the Cub and birddog.

It will start if I use Keys "Ctrl + E", that's letting FSX start it past some flag in the program related to realism settings.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...