flight simulator 2000.....suitable graphics card

harryh31 Guest

hello,
I'm new to flight simulator.......being shortly presented with F.S. 2000 software.

My operating system is Windows XP Home
COMPAQ PRESARIO MODEL S 5500 UK
PROCESSOR AMD ATHLON XP-3000+(2.17GHz)
H.D. 120 GB SEAGATE
RAM 1.00GB ( 2 x 512 )
POWER SUPPLY BESTEC ATX 250W OUT PUT MAX
MOTHERBOARD HP FOCUS
GRAPHIC CARD ATI RADEON 9200 128 MB in AGP slot
( LATEST DRIVER SP26454.EXE INSTALLED)
SOUND CARD AUREON 5.1 PCI.

Is my existing pc capable of running F.S 2000.

Would I benefit from upgrading my graphic card to a radeon 9550 256MB agp.

Any assistance would be appreciated

harryh31

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Meylan Guest

I'm no expert Harry but your system is better than mine except i have an ATI 9800 pro . I run fs 2004 with most of the sims display setting set to high. I would say your machine would easily run fs 2000 .

harryh31 Guest

Hi Meylan.

Now in possession of F S 2000 disc 1 & disc 2. (no manual or instructions)

Am acheiving some results. so your assumption appears to be correct...... thanks !

Could you please explain how one gets to the "Sims Display settings " that you mentioned.

harryh31

Meylan Guest

Glad to hear you've got it , in fs 2004 whilst in flight you press the ALT key and a menu bar appears at the top of the screen click options>setting >display . I doubt it'll be the same in 2000 but i'm sure you'll find it . 😀

HARRYH31 Guest

Followed your instructions ....no problem.....adjusted setting to higher levels.......can now see other aircraft.....its looking good.
Once again...many thanks for your valued assistance.
Harry

Meyaln Guest

Your welcome. Happy flying 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...