Interium Graphics Card

Flightbag Guest

❓ After installing the FS-X demo, I realized that my graphics card does not have the power to do the job, and would like to upgrade it.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as I am confused.

My Dell Dimension manual shows a layout of the mother board and shows it having an AGP slot. I took the PC cover off, and this slot, which is used for the present graphics card, is different from the remaining four PCI slots.

But when I look at Device Manage to get the properties of my NVIDA GeForce3 display adapter card, the screen shows the location as a PCIBUS1. So do I buy a card for PCI or for AGP??

I am willing spend a moderate amount for a graphics card upgrade as I would like FS-X and a few other graphic applications to work. But I don’t want to go top level, as I will totally replace my system with get a new and faster PC after Vista is out for a reasonable time.

My CPU is 1.8 Ghz, working with a 100mHz bus speed. Installed is 1 Gig of memory.

So it’s not a top of the line, but hopefully adequate to have a little fun until I get to a total replacement. In the meantime, a graphics card would be nice, but drawing a blank on which to get.

Any suggestions?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

PCI cards are old now, you can pick up one at a very good price but they won't satisfy you.
The next step is AGP they run all prices it depends what you want to spend.
Do some searching.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_29168.html

If you want the top of the NVIDIA AGP line I think it's this.
http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/OutPDir.jsp?search=geforce+7800&psort=1&node=300249

Radar

flighbag Guest

🙂

My thanks to Radarman. I bought and installed this card, and the game performance and display is great. Next step it to get the real FS-X as the demo graphics now work great.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...