FSX Tweak Guide

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Not sure if this has already been posted Dont Know but thought I'd post it anyway. 😉 .

For all users having problems with the performance in new Flight Simulator X we can recommend the FSX Tweak Guide published by Greg Germanowski.
Important: Please note the disclaimer of this document and "tweak" your FSX with all necessary care! Aerosoft is not responsible for the content of this document and offers no support to questions related to it.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Haven't seen it before (or maybe i forgot it Embarassed )but anyway its the most detailed i have seen until now. Good find.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Wing-man, each snippet of info is valuable at this stage Read

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

Setting FPS target to unlimted certainly helped me out. I had it set to 20 previously and was getting some poor poor results.

Must be some kind of bug because locking FPS is supposed to improve visual quality......it was actually hindering me!

Pro Member Trainee
Chat01 Trainee

Great info and pointers.... 👍

NSX Guest

Gonna try this right away, thanks mate! 😀

NSX Guest

NSX wrote:

Gonna try this right away, thanks mate! 😀

First of all, sorry for double posting Embarassed but this thing really helped me.

I run at a system way below usefull for FSX:
AMD Athlon 2.1Ghz
512 MB's of RAM
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 128 MB's

So when I got the new sim, I was dis-appointed at performance like any other would be with a simulair system. I started lowering setting's just to make it run better, but it only resulted in more dis-appointment.

Then I downloaded the newest driver for my vid card which had a 3D setting for FSX, I know what your thinking but it's a start... 😉

After reading this guide, I realised I was lowering all the wrong setting's and tried to hang on to memory and CPU eating features 😞
I had crappy graphics and very low FPS, not that I'm saying FSX is bad, it's my system.

Then I readed this guide and readed it well I started tweaking every setting, all the memory and CPU eating things out and thing that don't eat that much in.
The end result is: Pretty good graphics and a very smooth frame rate 😀

I'm very pleased with the result it had for me, but I must add that's just my personal experience.

Cheers, NSX

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...