TWEAK OF THE WEEK: Annoying Display Messages

Pro Member Trainee
papab Trainee

For additional tweaks visit
www.highflightsimulations.com

The "FIRST" and "FOREMOST" thing to remember before applying any "tweak" in Flight Simulator X is always remember to backup your important files first! Should your "tweaking" attempt fail, you will always have the original files to revert to, thus preventing a complete de-install and re-install of Flight Simulator X. I recommend copying these folders to DVD-RW's. The first place to start is by modifying the FSX.cfg file. Many people are intimidated by modifying this file, but not to worry. If you backed-up your file, let's get started.

Double-click on the FSX.cfg file. If you are prompted to select a program to open the file, select "Notepad".

The sections in the FSX.cfg file are categorized by sections stated in brackets.-i.e. [MAIN]

FILE/FOLDER NAME: FSX.cfg file

Removing Annoying Display Messages

Turn off the red warning text message for brakes, pause, etc.

Should you choose to use this "tweak", here's how to do it:

Under the [DISPLAY] section, change this following lines to read

InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=False
InfoSlewEnable=False
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=False

You are changing anything that reads "True" to "False"

My FS is set to:

InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=False
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=True

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...