Talking and listening AI ATC!!!

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

http://www.voxatc.com/

Check out this, it claims that this software can listen to your speech, so no more pressing 1234 multi-choice buttons, just listen and talk to the AI controlers...
Sounds fantastic, anybody tried it? well, it does offer a trial version, I am gonna try it out sometime later. I am not too happy with Radar Contact, cost me 45 dollars though..../

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Why are you not happy with Radar Contact???Just eager to know..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Seriously what could you be unhappy about with Radar Contact?

Enlighten me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Seems good but I have doubts to how well it integrates with Flight Simulator outside of the preset situations. Looking forward to your report on the demo. Try to taxi to different runways or request different runways for landing. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

I am not too happy with Radar Contact, cost me 45 dollars though

😳 😳 😳 😳

Apart from FSPax & Active Sky. Radar Contact is up there as the best payware add-ons I've brought. I haven't gone back to the default ATC since.

RADAR CONTACT ALL THE WAY

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Indeed...

Madbrit Guest

I've had VoxATC for at least a couple of years. It does entirely replace the FS ATC which needs to be switched off. It doesn't integrate with other AI aircraft so although you can hear other aircraft they are not the ones you see out the window. Something promised for a future edition.

A bit of work to get the voice recognition running but there are settings in the software and MS voice recognition that can be turned down to lower the level of accuracy required.

It is possible to request different runways for landing and takeoff. Also altitude changes, destination changes and declaring emergencies amongst other things.

The basic edition uses the MS 'Computer Sam' voice but the Deluxe veresion has additional voices that are more human sounding. The speed of the ATC voice can be adjusted.

There is no set script for a flight. ATC responds to your aircraft behaviour and to your responses and requests. But because it is a software program you are expected to use the correct sequence of key words. A text dialogue screen is available and ideally needs a second screen, but once you become competent and get over 'mic fright', it can be turned on or off as needed.

The biggest difference to FS ATC and Radar Contact is that YOU are talking to ATC and need to think about what to say in place of having a menu of options from which to select a response. Be prepared for the strange looks you're going to get having a conversation with your PC.

If you have any problems or questions, an email to support usually gets a very quick and very helpful response.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Good report, thanks Madbrit for the information. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Madbrit wrote:

It is possible to request different runways for landing and takeoff. Also altitude changes, destination changes and declaring emergencies amongst other things.

You can do that with Radar Contact.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...