funniest moment at an Airport?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

what is your favourite time at an airport or plane.....

well once I was in Salt Lake City it was dead of winter 13` degreese out snowing and 2 hour delay. well as the ground crews were catering and De-Icing the plane all 7 of them broke out in a big snowball fight. It was funny to watch em but not to wait for them.

another time was when I was again in Salt Lake and we just landed and my mom was calling for my grandparents to come pick us up.....well we were at the phone boothes and i was about 4 at the time an i was just pressing buttons and i accedentally dialed the Airport Secuity number....my mother was so embarrased

another and final time was i was in Atlanta and I was mad i couldnt get a candy bar i was about 6-7 at the time and i screamed BOMB!

well wasnt the brightest thing ive done. security took me and my parents into an interrogation room and gave my parents an earfull

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
lydhndrxca Trainee

the funniest thing , not at the time, was when I needed to make my initial call to ground one morning. However, I could not because the controller and a stunt pilot (also getting initial clearance) were talking it up about how the pilot was apparently doing noisy maneuvers over the controllers house the night before. Just wasn't somthing you hear everyday! 😛 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Each time i fly when "Tower--Todd" is on duty. The controller is a Jack a$$, he always gets pissed off at everyone for petty stuff. He's nice to the UPS flights tho.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

Each time i fly when "Tower--Todd" is on duty. The controller is a Jack a$$, he always gets pissed off at everyone for petty stuff. He's nice to the UPS flights tho.

Nice talk. What happened to civility?

Alex The Guest Guest

We landed in CDG, Paris..... That was already funny enough, cushioned travelators? Hi-larious!

Anyways we get there and we go to the Euro-Drive desk and tell them we're there to pick up a Peugeot 607 (we decided to buy a car over there seeing as we go to Italy alot (i'm Italian, and EuroDrive is sort of a Leasing system), a nice blonde lady with a moustache (i didn't say anything about her being French and having a moustache, it was just a coincedence.) anyways she tells us to go wait somwhere, and we did so for about an hour, evey ten mins we went back to her to tell her our stupid bus hadn't arrived yet!

Anyways a pleasurable Hour later some smart-ass guy rocks up in a Renault Trafic and smart'assly says "you guys waiting for me?" my dad cracked the shits (in plain-mans terms) so much in fact they upgraded us to a 607 with sat-nav, leather seats and some other extras (and it was already packed with features!) so our pretty crappy-started holiday turned out alright, apart from sat-nav lady telling us to turn up one-way street, other and all rest really good!

ps Italy kicked France's ass in the FIFA cup!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol no hard feelings!

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

lol, my "worst" time was at Frankfurt, waiting for the same bloody company to bring me my new TD Clio that I was leasing for a month.
3.5 hrs trying to find it.

I pity the poor sap that bought that Clio after we had it.
50km on the clock and it was cruising at 230km/h. It took a severe (30 day long) beating!

Running Guest

Arriving in Miami an off duty pilot almost led himself, me and the rest of the passengers straight into the propellors of a taxi'ing aircraft. If it wasn't for some ground crew member we would have made the headlines in next days papers..... O wait that wasn't funny.

In India after picking up my luggage I was looking around too see which way I was supposed to go next. The where a large number of queus with people having their bags searched, getting stamps in their papers etc.
A guy in a white uniform (he looked like he was the captain on the indian version of loveboat) came up to me and asked me what was in one of my bags. I told him it contained cans and cookies. His words: "O thought it was a bomb." At a loss for words I managed to smile and respond: "Well then it would not have been a good one, because I just came off a plane."
(Ok maybe not the best response but this was a few years before the 9/11 scare)

He told me to follow him and I figured I would be led somewhere to have my bags searched. In the middle of the hall he stopped and told me to go straight ahead and go through the door he pointed towards. I followed his directions, bypassed all the queues with people waiting in queues to have paper work done, bags scanned etc. I went through the small door and found myself outside the airport in the middle of nowhere. No taxis, busses, people nothing.... Stood there confused for a minute trying to figure out what just happened.

I went back inside went to another exit and got a cab to the hotel. (Kind of a typical welcome to india I suppose.) 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Can someone please explain what this has to do with FSX? This should have been posted in off topic.

bayley Guest

yah k well lets see.

when i was back doing my early GFPT (dunno US equivalent) comeing back from a session of stalls in the training area (west of sydney bankstown (YSBK) in my case) the winds at 3000ft were such that at stalling airspeed we had a groundspeed of -15 Knots on the GPS! (ie flying backwards), after the lesson we came in to land, on downwind we heard a cessna making an inbound call, the tower then cleared the cessna to land at the western pad, the pilot responded "though i'd like to prove to you all that i could pull it of with these winds i think it would be better if you cleared me for 29R"

one other time recently i was waiting at the holding point for circuits when a warior flew past on final, i was looking at it going, "wow" what a good approach, i got cleared to line up by the time i was facing down the runway i could see the warior scooting across the airfeild at about 10ft just above the paralell taxiway (luckily there were no other aircraft on the taxi way, go have a look at the layout of bankstown if you get the chance 29R is for circuits and 18/36 is defunct as of 2005).
over the radio i heave a rather ruffled female (no generalisations intended) "aborting touch and go... going around...ehhh..."
(now if u've gone and looked as YSBKL by now u'd notice that off to the left of 29r is the tower) to which tower responded
"I don't care just make sure u miss the frigging tower!"

other than the graphics can't say that i am that thrilled with MSFS X, and am having throubles of my own.

stephengstewart Guest

ON An easyjet flight from london luton to belfast international (aldergrove) shortly after take off the captain said "this is a non smoking flight. anyone caught smoking in the toilet will have to leave the aircraft by the back door". On arrival at belfast the captain said "hope you enjoyed the flight. Please take all your personal belongings with you as anything found on the aircraft will be shared equally among the cabin crew".

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...