FS2004 Screenshots gallery

Alex87 Guest

Hi,

Could someone help me with this please. After submitting many of my screenshots of FS2004 over the last month or so, only one has actually been put up in the FS2004 screeshots gallery area. I can't understand why the others havn't been 'accepted' as they are just like everyone elses. They're in Jpeg format, 800x600, 1 word picture titles etc. etc.

Thanks

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JPEG
800X600
1 short word, no symbols (&#@), no spaces in text line.
Try that and It should be accepted.

It's the software that won't accept it not Flyaway.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

Ahhhh that will explain why some of mine have not come up because of the size 1024x768 although 1 got through Dont Know so they have to be 800x600 then right.

Alex87 Guest

OK, thanks radarman. Thats what i've been doing though, but i'll try again anyway

Alex87 Guest

It still doesn't work. But I see some (including you radarman) are calling their pictures 'JPEG'. I might try this if all else fails. It is a wingview shot, Jpeg, 800x600, the pic is called wingview.jpg, so I don't understand. At first I thought you had to be a member of FlyAway but no, because one of my pics got in ages ago, but after a couple of days or so , it disappeared.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Alex87.
Wingview is up there, I saw it this morning, nice shot!
I don't know what kind of (editing) software you use but the JPEG shows up strange when its a thumbnail.

Radar

Alex87 Guest

Yes, its up. But it appears as the 'JPG' piece of paper. What freeware (editing) software do you use/recommend to make it appear as normal?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is free, I used to use it but now I have Adobe Photoshop.

http://www.irfanview.com/

The guy who makes this free one also makes a program (Photoshop) which I understand is good but try the free one first and see if it fits your needs, I used it for years.

Radar

Alex87 Guest

Thanks for that.

So with Photoshop, do you just paste the print screen image and change it to jpeg and change the resolution before uploading it? or is there more to it than that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't remember how that (IrfanView) one works.
You usually go to "File" bring down the menu and click on "open", find your screen shot, resize, sharpen whatever and then after you name it Make sure the lower window is set for JPEG, JPG and you should be ok.
They all differ in one way or another but all are also quite similar.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...