FS2004 Screenshot Gallery

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Hi Everyone -

How often are the FS2004 Screenshots updated. I sent some beautiful screenshots of a flight from SEA to SAN in an Alaska Air MD83. One passing over Mt. Rainer. I used Ultimate Traffic and MegaScenery Pacific Northwest. I have sent several pictures before and they never get posted?

I don't understand why?

🙄 Idea Crying or Very sad

AstroSteve

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

same here mate,

ive sent in several beautiful shots and never had any posted, really frustrating!!!!!!! Censored

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know, I've noticed it also.
Either Flyaway hasn't updated it (he usually does it every day) or some of the shots "titles" aren't being accepted by the software.
No symbols (@#%&_+=) spaces or don't make it too long. A jpeg is usually the best not a bmp. etc.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

what is really disappointing is to see the crap screenshots get posted. Their are some pictures recently listed that I swear had to be using a Voodoo 3000 graphics card. Pixels as big as drywall all over the plane and just terrible. I dont get it???

Boooo............lets start a revolt !!!!!! Ass Poke in Eye

AstroSteve

Pro Member First Officer

I have noticed that I have been sending them in Bitmap form. How do I change them to jpeg? I will gladly resend them jpeg if that's what it takes.

AstroSteve Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is free and quite versatile.
I used to use it until I bought Adobe PhotoShop, it has many of the same features.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

astrosteve wrote:

I have noticed that I have been sending them in Bitmap form. How do I change them to jpeg? I will gladly resend them jpeg if that's what it takes.

AstroSteve Geek

Most photo programs allow you to save the picture in a different format. The one RadarMan gave you will do it. Just view the picture you want to change and then save it in .JPEG format. You might want to change the name so you don't get confused which one is in .BMP and which one is .JPEG.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the help. Not to be picky but the latest screenshots of the dude flying the Alitala plane are shit!!!! How in the heck did that crap get posted? Scenery was crap and the plane with those jaggies was just terrible. I never say anything just getting aggravated that I spend the extra money to buy scenery packs and own a great graphics card and auctually use high performance setting to eliminate jaggies etc. I do not own FS2004 for picture taking, but believe if I have a really good picture it should get posted over crap like the latest stuff posted.

Just my opinion.

Hack

AstroSteve

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Maybe yes, maybe no. I didn't particularly like the idea of the screenshot per minute series, either. But after your comments about other screen shots, yours had better be superlative or I will Puke Up all over them.

Between the guy complaining his membership confirmation was taking too long and this, I'm getting a headache. Ill

I submit screen shots. If they are put up, fine. If not, that's fine too.

Pro Member First Officer

They are really really good. I am very picky before I keep/submit a screenshot. Trust me Capt. they are good. 😉

I have submitted many and NONE get posted. Weird? Who's in charge of this site anyway?

Evil or Very Mad

Ass Here's to ya' Capt. Crash j/k

AstroSteve

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All screenshots get posted, they aren't judged.
Truthfully, I think that's fair. I haven't seen his shots yet (I will now) but not everyone has the hardware to take a good shot and if he's happy posting them then more power to him.
That's not a moderator talking that's just my opinion.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

This is only a guess. Bitmap (.bmp) files are substantially larger than JPEGS (.jpg). Maybe it is a question of the amount of space they take up. As I said, it is just a guess.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Yes, it must be something to do with the file associations.
I have donated several, and they all appeared within a couple of days.

Last edited by Michael_H on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Use JPG file type and no spaces in the file name.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

New screenshots are up and Crash has some.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I resent them in JPEG format and will see what happens. Thanks everyone got their help.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, I hate to keep complaining because it probably will not do any good....but I have sent dozens of great screenshots and only 1 has ever got posted. And member 'Sonny' continues to get everyone of his posted.

What the heck is really going on?!?!?!

I sent them in JPEG and only got 1 out of 25+ sent. I have even resent some really beautiful ones with no success.

Any advise?

Unsure Surrender 🤔 Off Topic! Secret

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No one is choosing what goes up it's the way the software works. Take a look at the one you have up and the others.
As I said before the file name makes the difference.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, what would you suggest I do to the filename to improve my chances of my screenshots getting posted.

Blink

AstroSteve

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Make it something easy, like x1, shot1, something short and easy.
Lets see if that was the problem.
Good luck!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...