Image Gallery Moderator

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hi guys,i was looking at a random pic and an idea came to me! Idea
What if there was some kind of moderator or somebody who could change or delete comments of screenshots and screenshots?The gallery wouldn't be so full of swearing,crappy answers,and totally off topic pics!
We would finally have clean image gallery! 😀

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flyaway handles the screenshot gallery.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

What if there was some kind of moderator or somebody who could change or delete comments of screenshots and screenshots?The gallery wouldn't be so full of swearing,crappy answers,and totally off topic pics!

You could try PM'ing Flyaway and see what he says 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

This has been a frequently discussed topic for a long time. Why waste time and energy?

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

yse but what about all those rude comments in the gallery it would give flyaway a better image to visitors.

Pro Member Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

yse but what about all those rude comments in the gallery it would give flyaway a better image to visitors.

Indeed it would, but it has been suggested many a time, sadly with no results. There is a post somewhere in these forums where people can post links of posts that they find offensive, and hopefully Flyaway will delete them 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

In this forum you can find all the pride trying of some great members to help on cleaning of the Screenshot Gallery. ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/11/site-bugs-and-errors/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I think that the best we can do is to be vigilant ourselves...

If we see a rude comment or otherwise in the image gallery - why not drop FlyAway a private message with a link to the image?

This way - he will not have to trawl through every single image by hand (an unenviable task at best) and will be able to spend far less time administering it....

Just an idea, please do not shoot me down 🙂 I realise he may not respond - or update the gallery very frequently but at least this way we have done what we can.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I understand and totally agree with your ''lets get what you have''Doc.
I think that you wont be shooted from anyone for your suggestion,at least not from me. 😉

We all now about the bad managment (im saying this,not you 😉 )of the forums from flyaway side and we all doing our bests to keep this community in a decent level.

So no reason to worry about your very right suggestion. 😀 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman and Insight,

It is a very good idea, and one that RadarMan initiated and a lot of other postings in the same forum as Greekman has mentioned in this thread. In the above post and in that forum, a lot of people have spent a lot of time looking through pictures to weed out the bad language and bringing them to Flyaway's attention with no results. I've just had a quick look, and the links I and others have posted in the above post between June - August 2005 still contain swearing, so I fail to see the point of continuing with it Dont Know I realise Flyaway is probably busy...but I'm sure he could have spared a few hours Umm...

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very well said dear Jon. Bow Down

Only a small addition.We all are busy. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

my apologies I hadn't realised we were already doing what I suggested...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

No need to apologise 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

No need to apologize Doc. 😉
The fact is that a lot of people have done a hard work with no results.Thats the disappointment point. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

A simple solution:

Eliminate the comments from the gallery. That way, people can view the gallery with none of the garbage that is still there. The self-styled art critics serve no useful prupose. And obviously, the potty mouthes are best consigned to oblivion.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

One thing I find humourously ironic...

...the penultimate comment in this post

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

We all are humans at the end... 😉 😂

The most amazing think is the comments about FS2004.
Same questions as we do now for FSX.Time runs very very fast.... Crying or Very sad

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

One thing I find humourously ironic...

...the penultimate comment in this post

😉

lol

now, whatever the reason - you have to laugh at that 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...