My Error 1722 Solution

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

I have just managed to get passed error 1722 and here's how I done it:

Start the installation as normal and when the error comes up press Alt + Control + Del and use that and restart your computer. Then go to:

My Computer
Hard Drive
Program Files
Microsoft Games
Flight Simulator X

If you look through the folder there should be quite a lot of folders and other things there, make sure there is a blue button with a white plane on it that reads 'fsx'. Once you have seen that download an activation hack, to download go here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22345/having-problem-with-fsx-activation/

Download that program which is safe, I did scan it, but if you don't believe me don't download it!

When you read the readme it says to create a new folder and but the new components in, but that didn't work. Just replace the .dll files in the FSX folder with the ones you just downloaded.

Restart your computer and then go to:

My Computer
Hard Drive
Program Files
Microsoft Games
Flight Simulator X

In the FSX folder click the button that is blue with a white plane and reads 'fsx' and the game should load up like it did for me. You can make a shortcut of this icon and use it fro on the desktop.

Here is a safety suggestion:

MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL THE .DLL FILES FROM THE MAIN FSX FOLDER JUST INCASE THIS PROCESS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU

I'd like to thank RadarMan and the creator of this thread, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22519/i-beat-error-1722/ know as guest mostly because it is their finds and theories and I just put it together into a guide.

This worked perfectly for me, but if you do not trust me don't do it.

-Thanks and happy flying! 😀

Last edited by Murfi on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

Murfi wrote:

Start the installation as normal and when the error comes up press Alt + Control + Del and use that and restart your computer.

What do you mean by 'and use that'....to...restart the computer or end the task?

Because I've tried this before of ending the task and installshield will not end simply by using task manager to kill it...it's very stubborn

Also....

Murfi wrote:

However, dragging that icon onto the desktop will stop it working, it doesn't work on the desktop.

Dragging the 'icon' to the desktop could've copied the exe itself instead of creating a shortcut like it usually should...so you could've been trying to open it from the executable off of the desktop and of course it won't work by itself.

Unless you're sure it was strictly a shortcut...which in that case would mean I would have to go to the folder each time to click on the exe...shortcuts don't work?

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Murfi wrote:

Start the installation as normal and when the error comes up press Alt + Control + Del and use that and restart your computer.

What do you mean by 'and use that'....to...restart the computer or end the task?

Because I've tried this before of ending the task and installshield will not end simply by using task manager to kill it...it's very stubborn

Also....

Murfi wrote:

However, dragging that icon onto the desktop will stop it working, it doesn't work on the desktop.

Dragging the 'icon' to the desktop could've copied the exe itself instead of creating a shortcut like it usually should...so you could've been trying to open it from the executable off of the desktop and of course it won't work by itself.

Unless you're sure it was strictly a shortcut...which in that case would mean I would have to go to the folder each time to click on the exe...shortcuts don't work?

Once your have pressed Cntl + Alt + Del go to shut down at the top becuase simply ending the task does not work. If you end task the files won´t be there.

And yes, the shortcuts won´t work but I don´t care going on to my computer and hardrive to open it, atleast I can play my game. I will reinstall the game once Microsoft make a patch. So you can wait around for Microsoft or have the energy to go into the hard drive.

I would do it, unless you want to waste money and wait for Microsoft which may take a while.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

I just done some experimenting and shortcuts do work and the game works without the disc! I don't know if the disc part is normal but I doubt it.

So with my solution the shortcuts do work and if you lose the disc, no problemo!

Pro Member Trainee
bradw1 Trainee

If you right click on an empty part of your desktop and click add shortcut. Go through the task wizard and find the new .exe and you will have a new desktop shortcut to run the game. When the game is operating normally (no crack) no cd is required to run the game. Guess microsoft thought their activation requirement was enough. hah.

Yes it works but you are using illegally hacked dll's to get round theft protection - Shame on you.

Buy a legit copy like everyone else, and if its a problem with multiple installs, contact M/soft - I did and they turned round a response in less than 24 hours. Don't think that is unreasonable.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...