FS2000//FSX?

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Ya know--I used to spend HOURS and HOURS flying around in FS98--I loved it. I had thoughts about getting FS2000, but heard a lot of complaints--So I NEVER bought it.

Then FS2K2 came out, gotit and it was so great that FS98 was gone the next day!

FS2K4 came out I resisted it for a long time, and finally gave into buying it, but when I did, I kept FS2k2 for a few weeks and then finally dumed it.
I miss some of the things about FS2K2, but FS2K4 is superior.

I have goofed with the demo of FSX, and some of the things I love, some I do not care for, but mainly I see nothing but problems with what is either a case of a rushed product that has been under developed--or a game that is so advanced, that unless you go buy the newest top tit system with all the bells and whistles-it will never run good.

For me-I shall stick with FS2K4 for the next several years, and wager a bet that FSX is going to be a turd as was FS2000, any takers??

Last edited by CaptDennison on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You got one right here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Allow me to disagree with you about FSX.
You seem like well experienced in Flight Simulation so i don't want to believe that you get this conclusion only because your system cannot run FSX in MAX 😉
Personally i find FSX better than FS9 in a lot of points and to some (a few)i find it the same.No worst.

I can accept people who said that they have spend some money to FS9 so they will stay with it.Its 100% respectable.
But i cannot accept states like FSX is a rubbish or who needs FSX etc ,etc only because of a weak,or a bad organized system.
I hope you don't belong to the second category.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

FSX run on my computer with no glitches and a few little lags and I really like FSX. I have had this errors and problems with FSX and I must agree it was rushed. However, it's a good game and most gaming and computer magazines rate it 4-5 stars. I think a major issue with this game is that it is full off bugs and you to have a great computer to run it efficeintly.

I really cannot say what my favourite since I started playing flight simulator in 1998. I think the terrain and details are much better than any Microsoft flight simulator but there are a lot of disadvantages with the game such as no 777 and errors and not as many planes but there will be add ons and hopefully Microsoft will create a patch to fix all these errors for people.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

As a software developer, I can say that it is far harder to find bugs than people think

You can test your work for months on end without generating a particular set of circumstances on a particular hardware configuration that throws up a problem

Often, it's only when the program goes live, that things come to light

I personally always reserve judgement on a application until the developers have had the chance to produce at least one service pack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear CaptDennison can you remove some Dots from your posts title...It expnads the the page to the right 😉

Last edited by Greekman72 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

GoodisonBlue wrote:

As a software developer, I can say that it is far harder to find bugs than people think

You can test your work for months on end without generating a particular set of circumstances on a particular hardware configuration that throws up a problem

Often, it's only when the program goes live, that things come to light

I personally always reserve judgement on a application until the developers have had the chance to produce at least one service pack

Yeah that's true...Every software has bugs..And the issue is not bugs but how many of them do they fix before they release..I myself am personally waiting for the stable version of Windows Vista with service packs and stable version of FSX to be there..since I have invested lots of money for addons for FS2004....I have a gut feel that by that time you will have a lot of stable addons to enjoy FSX and if my gut feel is right we will also have the Graphics Card supporting Direct X10 available...I also plan to upgrade my machine to a server class machine with SLI Nvidia cards with a good 42 inch LCD TV ,home theatre system to enjoy FSX..... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

How many times are we going to repeat this, "It doesn't run well on my hardware, so it must be bad software", nonsense? 🙄

Pro Member First Officer

[quote="Greekman72"]Allow me to disagree with you about FSX.
You seem like well experienced in Flight Simulation so i don't want to believe that you get this conclusion only because your system cannot run

Yes, I actually strated SIM flying on a Commadore 64, then an IBM 356!
I rmember the days of flying around in a stick figre landscape.

My point was that FSX seems to be plagued with problems, it also has a lesser aircraft and airpot selection. I also see failues in attempting to intermix FS2K$ item inot FSX and visa versa.

I DO happen to have a faily good system although it certainly is outdted.

A P4 2.66 with 2 gig ram and a Nvidea 7800 / 256 card

NOW I have NOT ran anything but the 2 demos--the ran OK and looked nice--but I realize they are demo's and made to run with about anything.

The full game is a diffenert thing. I have seen nice scrrenshots and terible one--from these I really do not see a need for me to get FSX-at least not now-not until the bugs are worked out.

I am dissapointed with what seems to be a lack of better aircraft physics, I havent heard much yet as to how Air Traffic control is, or if you are still told to go around due to the idiot rolling out on the runway after you are cleared nearly every time!

I think Microsoft has done WONDERS in the flight sim area. But I wonder what good it does to have birds flying around if a strike doesnt do anything?

Monkeys in the jungle?? WHY?

What Microsoft should have concentrated one was REAL LIFE flight control, departures, routes. Aircraft handling characteristics. Airpot details and scenry (they did do some of that , just not enough)

I still think this FSX is going to be a NOT good step, and we will see a newer and better Flight sim come out form them within a year or two/

I sure wish someone would remake Chuck Yeagers Air Combat--now that was a really fun game.

I would also love it if someone would make an addonn, so you could fly a F-117 on real life missions, avoiding radars, aircraft, and attacking targets--but would work within FS2k4/FSX!

Pro Member First Officer

[quote="Greekman72"]Dear CaptDennison can you remove some Dots from your posts title...It expnads the the page to the right 😉

DONE...........Sorry

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Now you have notice some respectable points that i cant do otherwise than to accept and respect your view about simulation. ❗ 😉

Thanks for the detailed feedback.👍 👍 👍

From my small experience in FSX i have to point a minor but anyway a bad for me point.
No blobs in the windscreen of the aircraft during rain Evil or Very Mad
Thats a huge missing detail for me.I was expecting bugs in the windscreen and i don't even have the blobs i had in FS9. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

😉

Of course i think its clear that i wasn't in any kind of offensive or ironic mode against you. 😉

Thanks for the dots removing(It was already fixed by mods anyway 😉 )

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Yeah Dennison..you are right.Microsoft should better concentrate on simulating better aircraft physics and other procedures than trying to simulate real life monkeys and cars..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...