HELP HELP HELP!!! CFS1 & FS2000 problems

Robin H Guest

HELP!!

After a few years of getting married, having kids, new job, moving house, I've finally managed to dig out my old copies of CFS1 & FS2000. I've loaded them onto my machine but they crash after about 30 seconds to a minute. The PC switches off, then reboots....

I've had a look at a few site forums but the problem is my computer knowledge is, shall we say, somewhat lacking and I really don't have a clue what could be wrong.

My PC is a 3ghz with 1 gb of ram running XP (I've got this off the properties screen) and all other applications run fine except these. I'm gutted as I want to get back into the sim scene after a longish break but this is driving me mad.

To make matters worse, I'm supposed to be getting FSX for xmas and I'm assuming I'll have the same problems...

Can anyone help?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Robin H wrote:

HELP!!

After a few years of getting married, having kids, new job, moving house, I've finally managed to dig out my old copies of CFS1 & FS2000. I've loaded them onto my machine but they crash after about 30 seconds to a minute. The PC switches off, then reboots....

I've had a look at a few site forums but the problem is my computer knowledge is, shall we say, somewhat lacking and I really don't have a clue what could be wrong.

My PC is a 3ghz with 1 gb of ram running XP (I've got this off the properties screen) and all other applications run fine except these. I'm gutted as I want to get back into the sim scene after a longish break but this is driving me mad.

To make matters worse, I'm supposed to be getting FSX for xmas and I'm assuming I'll have the same problems...

Can anyone help?

It can be a few things but lets start off with dust.
Open the case and clean all the fans, the heatsink is the one that may be causing the crash reboots, they get dust caked into their fins.

What video card do you have.

Radar

robin h Guest

It can be a few things but lets start off with dust.
Open the case and clean all the fans, the heatsink is the one that may be causing the crash reboots, they get dust caked into their fins.

What video card do you have.

Radar[/quote]

Thought of dust and heat, opened the case up, no dust evident. I left the side off and run the game with a 12 inch house fan blowing air in, it still crashed.

Video card is a geforce6200.

Thanks for your help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a fairly low end card and if you are going to get FSX forget about it with that card.
Look around for the best you can get, you'll need it for FSX and it'll certainly help CFS.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...