Quick ATC Question

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

When I request my IFR flight form the controller at smaller airports the controller says clearence void 30 minutes from now.

What does it mean, and what do i have to do?

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

captainsimon wrote:

When I request my IFR flight form the controller at smaller airports the controller says clearence void 30 minutes from now.
What does it mean, and what do i have to do?
Thanks

You have to take off in less than 30 minutes.

Clearance Void Times. A pilot may receive a clearance, when operating from an airport without a control tower, which contains a provision for the clearance to be void if not airborne by a specific time. A pilot who does not depart prior to the clearance void time must advise ATC as soon as possible of their intentions. ATC will normally advise the pilot of the time allotted to notify ATC that the aircraft did not depart prior to the clearance void time. This time cannot exceed 30 minutes. Failure of an aircraft to contact ATC within 30 minutes after the clearance void time will result in the aircraft being considered overdue and search and rescue procedures initiated.

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

Thank You CRJ

yeah thats exactly what cleareance void time means,,for a nonpilot it means that the airpace will be protected for you during that window time that you have to take off,,if you dont take off during that time , that airpace could and will be used for somebody else..

Anonymous wrote:

for a nonpilot it means that the airpace will be protected for you during that window time that you have to take off,,if you dont take off during that time , that airpace could and will be used for somebody else..

Pertains *ONLY* to IFR traffic. If weather is VFR, there can be any number of VFR airplanes operating in/on/around that airport, ATC's not gonna' be talking to 'em, and they don't have to talk to anybody either.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...