ATC Airline ID voice

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I am confused. I downloaded an add-on, a British Air CRJ700 texture. It was not a full add-on, only the texture and such that comes from the downloads like you find here. Now, this is my question.

When I fly the British Air CRJ700, ATC uses Speed Bird (as it should be) when communicating with me. I looked in the .cfg file and sure enough, there it was atc airline = SPEED BIRD, and atc id = SPEED BIRD.

Now, I checked the same setting for the 737-800 .cfg file for the British Air texture I had downloaded and set it like the CRJ (airline = SPEED BIRD, and atc id = SPEED BIRD).

But.....ATC still does not use the Speed Bird, I get nothing or my call sign (S4JG). How can I get the atc to use the real airline atc call signs? I hear them with the AI flights, Delta, Lufthansa etc....how can I get them to work in FSX? It can't be that it is pay wear, because it works for the free CRJ700 texture download.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
axe Guest

😀 hey, Are you sure you typed it correct? type is critical like small and capital letters have a effect, periods and UNDERLINES, also commas!??????
look agian maybe it apears to me that you forgot the UNDERLINE between the two links? in the 2004 it was like this
atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_id=N700MS
ui_variation=
strange why atc_id= speed bird is like that ?! 😕 should work if you're voice pack in fs already does say speed bird?!
post back and let me know how you did, happy flying --AXE

Pro Member First Officer

|Thanks, but No Joy. Here is the copy of my aircraft cfg file. I know the voice pack has speed bird, along with all the other AI Airlines (Delta, American, Lufthansa etc....) bgecuase I can hear them used during atc conversations..

[fltsim.6]
title=Boeing 737-800 British Airways
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=BA
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=G-DOCN
atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_flight_number=BA564
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation=British Airways
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

axe Guest

Hey, you are right it most certainly does say SPEED BIRD!
I had takin a EASY JEt airbus A319 (fs2004\02)and typed in your ;
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
and it does say SPEED BIRD
i also checked [general] -editable=with 0,1,and 2 and still says SPEED BIRD?
I was going to suggest that you have to assigne a flight number for the sim to say youre airlines (it won't if you donot have a flight number, and yours does) but if thats the aircrafts cfg. ; thats in your FSX -objects-aircraft-737 folder it should say speed bird?? I would take it to the attention of microsoft, they may give you some croc about third party add ons?! But, there is no reason it shouldnot say speed bird when it is properly configured in the aircraft cfg. !!!!hope everything works out for you<<<AXE>>

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you looked at EditVoicepack?

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

Being FSXers you'll have to be a bit more patient I guess, don't skip the paragraph on the upcoming FSX version:

A Flight Simulator X compatible version is currently being developed, and a community technology preview is available for download. Please visit the development wiki page for details.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook, thanks, yes, I have the link to the edit voice and am anxiously awaiting the FSX version. The funny thing that started allof this is I downloaded the British Airways CRJ700 and installed it. IThe ATC Actually had called my flight "Speed Bird" for about a day or two. Then Vista (Grrrrr) went and did a resety to a known configuration and I had to reinstall the airplane. When I did, I lost the "speed Bird" call and was wondering how I goit it in the first place, and how to get it back. Thanks to all who have given great suggestions. I will continue to try them all when I can (My home PC time is limited -wife, kids, etc....)

Pro Member First Officer

Here - this is the one I downloaded and had it working....using Speed Bird....

[fltsim.?]
title=Bombardier CRJ 700 British Airways
sim=Bombardier_CRJ_700
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=British Airways
kb_checklists=BombardierCRJ700_check
kb_reference=BombardierCRJ700_ref
atc_id=G-MRSG
atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_flight_number=124
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bombardier"
ui_type="CRJ700"
ui_variation="British Airways"
ui_typerole="Regional Jet"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet) family of aircraft was derived from the Canadair Challenger business jet, which began its operational life as the LearStar 600. The Bombardier Canadair CRJ700, which entered service in 2001, is a stretched version of the CRJ100/200 regional jet, with increased seating capacity from 50 to 70. With increased length and upgraded landing gear, the CRJ700 features a longer wing span and leading edge slats. Like other members of the CRJ family, the CRJ700 features an electronic flight instrument system (EFIS) avionics suite and “glass cockpit” instrumentation."

axe Guest

wow,
😕 ya should have said "vista" did somethin, thats a bummer dude.
maybe when it reset some configuration in windows is blocking it? like security settings in content wont allow all; or something? just a thought because sometimes windows gives me a migraine headache sometimes.
I hope your voice pack in FS. isn't messed up then you will have ta fined it and explore the FSX disks and thats a biggy, if its messed it would be easier to do a reinstall of FSX , just make sure you save your planes , gauges, and effects, you have to recopy that back and install the planes back, just dont over write the new installed stuff?
! NO reason for voice pack because it always did say speed bird, jet blue, pan am , TWA, ozark, american, united; but, there were many that it didnot and my edit voice pack went into the trash because it was a nightmare and i would just simply type in TWA or something for my virtual airline(my stupid repaints) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
well hope ya get it figured out or someone else has a good clue what it is and don't get to frustrated over it. cheers 😀 <<AXE>>

robpleavin Guest

speedbird is the correct callsign for british airways it comes from the time when the company was  British Overseas Airways Corporation the HQ was Called Speedbird house

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...