Some FSX ATC problem

Pro Member Trainee
hkconcorde Trainee

When i start a new IFR flight plan, i first make the IFR clearance to ATC.
ATC will answer me what attitude,departure frequency and a code. I readback to ATC. Then ATC have no respond to me.

In ATC message box, There are no any choice for me to choose. Just display "No messages ......." etc

I try to change frequency to Tower. Doesnt work!

What i need to do? please help me. 😕

Thank you

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

How odd.

I can only relate to when that happens to me and it is usually when I have left the engines off for a while.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Well, because of my horrible system I havn't been able to experiment 😞

But yes, it seems that MS need to develop a patch....and soon! 🙂

CaptainKW Guest

WOW! im so glad im not the only one! i thought i was going mad! My IFR is screwed too! Mine flys me most of the way, then when im about 15nm from my destination it just stops and asks if i want to "follow flight plan" or something on those lines. i hit that to see what happened and i just pass over where i need to be going. as soon as i hit that i just says radar contact and something else then gives me the option to choose the nearest airport?!!?!

Quite frustrating! i was flying from Boston to New york to see the scenery in New york but cudnt see any big buildings or anything?!!?!?! where was Manhattan? i duno?! i usually stick to UK flights coz thats what i know but thought i wud try a day flight in america and my IFR stills buggers up!!

Welcome to club, I've just found this bug and its a real pain. From what I've read in this forum there appear to be a large number of bugs in this latest verson that need to addressed. One other thing I've noticed is that I seem unable to turn the ATC messge display off on the general settings panel. Whenever I go back the setting has a tick againt it. I expect I'll find more as I continue to experiment with X

I do not have any issues with the graphics etc as MS are attempting to make it future proof, for the time being anyway, but I do think that the fundermentals should work.

Happy Flying

Pro Member Trainee
Chat01 Trainee

Same here as I had mentioned earler in this post.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23173/loss-of-communication/

Matt001 Guest

I have the same ATC problems with IFR as related in the post linked above (still unresolved), but I have also had two occasions where, as mentioned in this thread, I have been given ATC options to select but clicking them just made them flash and did not result in any communication.

On the first occasion I was in a DC-3 and eventually realised I had forgotton to switch on the radio (overhead switch)! On the second occasion (I can't recall which plane I was in) I had the radio on but I had neglected to turn on the gen switches, so there was no power going to the radio (or any other electrical system). I guess this latter occasion is similar to BashDaBish's example where his engines had been off for a while (batteries dead and no power gen from the engines).

Just my thoughts... 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...