HELP PLEASE! FSX keeps crashing

Pro Member Trainee
bubba68ss Trainee

whenever i start flying in 'live' FSX out of the blue my screen goes all black and shakes and compeltely shuts off and restars. It is very madening and frustrating. RIGHT in the middle of taking off or on approach, basically at te worst time. I havent run solo flights so i dont know if it does this. sometimes it does not crash at all. What could be causing this?

My system is as follows.

2.13 gigahertz Intel Celeron
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

41.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
9.39 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Board: P4M800-8237 PCCHIPS P25G
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 06/21/2005

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 [Display adapter]
VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP [Display adapter]
DELL P991 [Monitor] (18.0"vis, s/n 8376T03700FR, March 2000)

Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device
Xtreme Sound PCI Audio

ANy have any ideas or suggestions? I did once get a prompt in the middle of a flight about low virtual system memory (it was set to 350mb i believe) and i went in and bumped it up to 1800mb.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
guest Guest

your system specs are almost identical to mine :p except for i ise the geforce 6600le. i would think that this is either a ram problem or overheating problem.how much ram do you have?

Pro Member Trainee
bubba68ss Trainee

RAM is about 1.25GB.

guest Guest

do a virus scan and spyware scan.and check if it might be overheating because fsx really pushes the cpu

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...