MS2000 Pro operating system

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

Just bought FSX today. Trying to install, I get a message that MS2000Pro wont run FSX. tell me this isn't so and i don't have to go out and upgrade to Windows XP

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Which part of Windows XP or Windows Vista which are clearly written on the box, was difficult to understand?

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

Do you answer all your posts with such a sarcastic manner? Maybe someday when I reach 4624 posts on this forum, I can reply the same way.
Yes, I agree with you that I made a mistake and should of checked out the requirements a little better. Maybe when you look and see someone new with very few posts, you might cut him a little slack in the future. But,I do thank you for your quick reply

Pro Member Chief Captain

Rest assured that I cut you more slack than I cut myself. I can assure you that if I did that, the names I would be calling myself could not be posted here.
😂

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

Ok, like I said, I should of done my homework a little better. Thank you again.

Pro Member Chief Captain

A suggestion. If you can wait a couple of months and if your system will run it, you might want to wait for Vista, rather than installing XP at this point.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check and see if you can upgrade 2000 to XP home.

Search for an OEM version.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=4197930/sort_type=price

I would (as Crash said) wait for Vista in 2 months. January 30th.

Can your system handle Vista?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I wasn't aware you could get an OEM version for a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Version Upgrade) Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I wasn't aware you could get an OEM version for a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Version Upgrade) Umm...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=335878&Sku=M17-7500

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Check and see if you can upgrade 2000 to XP home.

Search for an OEM version.

It appears now that you are actually talking about a FULL version rather than an UPGRADE version.

Since the OP is already running 2000Pro on his system, I see no reason why he cannot upgrade to XP.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...