display settings

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

could someone please point me in the direction of some suggested display settings. ive reverted back to fs9 for the mean time i couldnt put up with the fact that i own a game that i cant play. shame on me for thinking my system was good enough

system
intel pentium 4 3.06ghz
1gb ram
nvidia geforce fx go5200 32 mb

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
wag Guest

Although your processor is fast, you're going to need way more video resource to get the frame rates up. I'm running a Pentium 4 2Ghz with a Radeon Pro video card with 256 Mb VRAM and a gig of memory and still only have 5 to 9 FPS with all the sliders to minumum. Intel and AMD are introducing Quad core processors next year, along with screaming mother board speeds and "dual" video cards. Throw a pile of memory on that and that might get the rates up to FS9. I'm sure that's what MS built the FSX on. As far as display settings, there isn't much you can do other than to move the sliders for scenery, weather, aircraft and yes, sound, down to the minumum that is still flyable. I've had everything to minumum and still didn't even get 10 FPS.

dual or quad core processors are not going to improve frame rates or smoothness anymore than a single core processor. FSX certainly uses alot of system and video memory.

You will need a decent single core processor and video card with at least 2Gb of system ram and 256Mb video ram if you want any decent performance from FSX in directx9.

FSX is optimized for windows vista and directx10. FS9 is optimized for legacy windows and directx9.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...