Display Settings

Pro Member Trainee
Lovebug Trainee

I'd like to know what the optimum display settings (hardware included) for my system

My System

AMD 3000+ 64
1 GB 400Mhz RAM
160GB Hard Disk
SB Audigy
Radeon ATI 9800XT 256MB
ECS Photon Motherboard
Relisys 17" LCD Monitor

ie to get the best frame rate, display quality.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Nice bit of kit

The best way is trial and error. Hack On your rig I would start with everything at max and turn them down one by one checking picture quality by eye and frame rate(Ctrl + Z Ermm... or Shift + Z)

If I had the same PC as you the settings I use may not give the same results on yours

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Lovebug wrote:

I'd like to know what the optimum display settings (hardware included) for my system

Now that's a bloody good question. I have a similar setup (3400) & just a pro card, and have some wacky things that go on sometimes. Generally, at max most things, the FR goes to about 25 minimum, unless taxiing with lots of traffic.

I still haven't worked out what use (if any) the ATI panel is for adjusting the settings, and have not much idea at all about things like anisotropic whatever, and anti aliasing doobies. There just seems to be too many variables to worry about at once. Not sure, either if fs9 overrides the catalyst settings, anyway...

Can you post here if you find a definitive guide ❓

Can you post here if you find a definitive guide

Umm... Because of the variables in fs9,I dont think anyone has made a definitive guide
Some brave soul did one for fs2002,some of the settings match fs9

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...